Associate Manager, External CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 860200BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 17, 2021
- Design and develop external communications strategies, campaigns, processes and vehicles that promote and elevate the reputation of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Monitor public opinions that may affect Shanghai Disney Resort's reputation and business, and implement timely actions to manage such issues and protect the resort’s reputation.
- Develop and communicate key messages and information related to the resort’s reputation management.
- Create compelling assets required including press releases, features and other assets to support of communications strategy.
- Design media engagements that will support the resort’s reputation promotion, including but not limited to media interviews, special events, etc.
- Identify and pitch for executive engagement that will enhance the resort’s leadership position across industries, including but not limited to speaking opportunities and interviews.
- Lead and develop a team of external communications specialist(s) and provide training and coach to entry-level professionals.
- Manage deadlines and accomplish all assignments effectively, accurately and within established timeframe.
- Develop and maintain solid relations with Chinese & international media.
- Meet budgets for External Communications function.
- Ensure that guidelines for the proper use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics and the product/name are met in every communication piece.
- Major in Public Affairs, Journalism, Communications or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 7-8 years working experience in communications with proven experience in communication programs execution.
- Demonstrate passion in working in Communications industry and understanding of Chinese and international media.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment. Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills, in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Demonstrate ability to work in diversified environment
- Demonstrate ability to work in crisis situation
- Good team player
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.