Associate Manager, Learning and DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 766926BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 27, 2020
As an Associate Manager, Learning & Development, you will provide service and support to the organization’s learning and development in Shanghai Disney Resort. The main responsibilities include: organizational development consulting, leadership development program localization and implementation, soft skill training management, conducting training analysis to identify organizational learning needs, providing learning and development solutions, managing culture or learning and development programs related to the organization strategy and priorities.
Responsibilities:Organizational Development Consulting
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the organization’s business strategies.
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with business leaders in an effort to influence them towards a decision for Learning and Development strategy and solutions.
- Partner with HR Business Partner to conduct organization diagnosis, able to analyze the organizational issues and identify the capabilities gap
- Able to provide recommendation for learning and development strategy and solutions to address the organizational development needs
- Guide HR Business Partner and other key partners in understanding the learning progression, and help them appreciate and support the 70/20/10 model of development.
- Able to use various approaches and tools to design and facilitate business work sessions to come out with desired deliverables, including but not limited to new initiative brainstorming, strategy forming, problem solving, enhancing team collaboration or after-action review.
- Rigorously keep up with consulting/training industry trends to provide effective and meaningful learning solutions to client groups.
- Localize global Disney Leadership Development Programs with adjustment and optimization upon the business and leadership development status of Shanghai Disney Resort
- Support the leadership development programs execution, rollout plan and trainer resources, coordinate learner communications and monitoring the attendance record
- Able to teach the part of the leadership development program that aligns with the organization’s needs and the related trainings in Shanghai Disney Resort leadership development portfolio
- Conduct analysis of training evaluation result, provide feedback to trainers and headquarter and proactively improve training quality based on feedback and best practices
- As a product manager, continually optimize course quality and training effectiveness
- Participate in designing and delivery of soft skills courses
- Enrich facilitators resources by developing internal facilitators
- Act as program manager or core program team member to define overall program strategy, objectives, roadmap and resources needed
- Collaborate with internal partners across different lines of business to arrange related tasks, address challenges and make sure objectives to be achieved
- Define communication strategies, leverage various communication channels and storytelling approach to promote related concepts and key message
- Able to manage complex working relationship and inform related stakeholders of the program progress timely
- Set up program success metrics and measure the program effectiveness
- Proven experience in providing consultation to clients in either one of the fields including organizational development, talent management, learning and development or culture building
- Strong project management skills and able to arrange work and manage project team effectively
- Able to facilitate business workshop in either one of the themes including new initiative brainstorming, strategy forming, problem solving, enhancing team collaboration or after-action review
- Understanding and experience applying a variety of development approaches that span formal training, relationship-based, and experience-based development (70-20-10 model of development)
- Good understanding of human behavior, business management, operations and strategy
- Proven experience working with all levels of leadership, including sr. manager and executive.
- Strong partnering skills and ability to build effective relationships with diverse partners
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication in both Chinese and English
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Bachelor’s degree and above
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in performance consulting, training, learning and development, organizational development, and/or talent management.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.