Associate Manager, Merchandise CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 768589BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 17, 2020
- Manage the merchandise new product launch calendar to ensure the alignment between the product development cycle and resort activations
- Identify the key messages with merchandise leadership and focus areas for all merchandise categories to then develop strategies and tactics to communicate those messages to external guests
- Work with partners to create and maintain cohesive merchandise content for usage across all types of communication platforms, such as product packaging, Cast communication, in-store signage, press release, map, official Website/App, social media, etc.
- Ability to partner and influence key marketing and PR partners to identify best methods to incorporate merchandise messages into overall strategic marketing direction and planning
- Perform market research to identify new and different channels as well as opportunities to highlight and promote the merchandise
- Strategize Disney pin trading events and lead cross-functional teams to execute the activities in efforts to promote Disney pin trading culture. Manage the day to day pin trading activities throughout the resort
- Act as the main point of contact between Merchandise and Public Affairs and Legal for product and content approvals
- Actively engage in resort event and new initiative platforms to identify merchandise communication opportunities
- Manage merchandise communication and event budget for necessary exposures and supplies
- Lead team that supports merchandise communications and position them for growth and development within the company.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent
- Proven retail marketing or communication-related experience, project management experience preferred
- Good team player. Team management experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent time management ability (good at prioritizing different missions and execute efficiently)
- Demonstrated strong organization skills and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering and team work skills and can work independently
- Demonstrated positive attitude with the ability to be responsive to feedback; Ability to work as part of a high-performance team
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to communicate tasks with senior leaders
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn (including new tools)
- Interested in a merchandising career path
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.