Associate Manager, Operating ParticipantsApply NowApply Later Job ID 763756BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 17, 2020
Within the Shanghai Disney Resort Operating Participants team, the primary role of you as an Associate Manager, Operating Participants is to establish relationships and to execute and manage tenant agreements specifically with third party operators for Disneytown and for other supporting resort facilities. You will also be responsible for supporting the on-going servicing of these lease arrangements. You will contribute to develop sound strategic and financial analyses from current tenant performance analyses, industry and consumer insights research and by partnering with internal lines of business within the Shanghai Disney Resort to develop actionable recommendations to Operating Participants. You will report directly to the Manager, Operating Participants at Shanghai Disney Resort but will also partner closely with Disney’s Operating Participant team worldwide.
Responsibilities:We are seeking candidates with accomplished professional experience, real estate development and operational skills to fill the position of Operating Participants Associate Manager, with specific expertise working with retail operators in China. You should be able to demonstrate experience doing the following:
- Research & Development: Monitoring industry activity, conducting trend analysis and maintaining an active database of prospective retail tenants.
- Analytics & Due Diligence: Providing financial and lease valuation models; conducting tenant and deal due diligence; offering creative business solutions.
- Business Development Clients & Lease Execution: Identifying qualified potential tenants, preparing the documents for correspondence with potential tenants, establishing relationship with potential tenants, able to negotiate and execute Letter of Intent and leases under guidance (and potentially renewal of existing leases). Lead the negotiation of supplementary agreements (eg: perk agreement, outdoor agreement, etc)
- After lease signing, you will partner with Operations and Walt Disney Imagineering to do the following: Lease Management: Act as contractor administrator by overseeing approvals, adherence to Shanghai Disney Resort standards, and ensuring routine audits are conducted; acting as owner’s representative on construction and tenant improvement projects; contribute to drive internal alignment and coordination; assisting with the development and implementation of global qualitative measures and processes.
- Guest/Client Satisfaction: nurturing business relationships with the corporate business; developing, driving and managing Operating Participants; providing recommendation to Shanghai Disney Resort Leadership.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience in leasing, asset management, real estate development, operations or other related field in China
- Knowledge of retail industry, development, and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field
- Strong negotiation skills, experience of contract negotiation and ability to interpret legal contracts/agreements
- Able to read behind data, strategic thinking
- Ability to scope, create and analyze financial and valuation models
- Demonstrated success as an effective negotiator/partner/collaborator/influencer
- Detailed knowledge of Chinese retail markets and Chinese business practices
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task work flows
- Refined bilingual written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional Proficiency of English and Mandarin
- Experience working in multinational corporate environments
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of theme park, branded consumer product, and/or media entertainment businesses
- Strong secondary research skills with knowledge of business and industry research resources
- Proven track record with project management tools and techniques
- Understanding of Disney brand drivers and attributes
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.