Associate Manager, Revenue Management & PricingApply NowApply Later Job ID 840519BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 26, 2021
The Shanghai Disney Resort Revenue Management & Analytics team drives Revenue & Business strategies collaboratively with other teams by developing business solutions based on advanced analytics. Our growing group of professionals includes such functions as Forecasting and Planning, Revenue Management and Pricing.
You are responsible for developing the revenue strategies and tactics in partnership with his/her counterparts in Sales, Marketing, CIMA, Operations, to maximize revenues and profitability. The primary areas include long-term products and strategies related to The Theme Park, Hotels, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Drive Pricing Strategy Determination for various lines of business to maximize revenues and profitability, and achieve Annual Operating and Long-range Plans
- Drive the development of revenue-driving initiatives strategy and plans, long-term revenue-generating projects
- Develop accurate measurement methodologies to assess performance regularly, based on key performance metrics (including but not limited to revenue growth, ticket yield, price integrity, guest satisfaction)
- Challenge the status quo by always questioning the past and improve tools and methodologies
- Collaborate closely with partners, especially Marketing, Sales, and Operations to ensure efficient product development and follow-through
- Present recommendations to senior leadership and perfecting the decisions with strong proven analysis and insights
- Build succession plans by developing effective processes, structure, and tools
- Share best practices with other Disney Parks and Resorts sites worldwide
- MBA or other Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a business-related field, such as pricing, revenue management, forecasting, economics, business planning, statistics, business intelligence, or operations management
- Solid business acumen & industry knowledge in Leisure Tourism and Entertainment industries
- Enthusiasm for the Theme Park and Entertainment industries
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with substantial hands-on experience in conducting sophisticated business analysis
- Demonstrated strong detail-oriented and accuracy skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, can handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Can work in a fast-paced, challenging, and somewhat stressful environment
- Ability to work in a project team-oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to communicate up, down, and across the organizational structure (up to senior leadership) to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Demonstrated capabilities of building partnership and relationship, with influences
- Get along with fellow team members and work as a good team player
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn (including new tools and businesses)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of statistical programs (e.g. SAS) and software with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Fluent in verbal and written Chinese and English
- Prefer direct past experiences in tourism and hospitality industries such as hotel, airline, visitor attraction, and entertainment
- Prefer expert knowledge in speaclized statistics computer software (e.g. SAS, Opera, Vision, IDeaS, Tableau, etc.)
Additional Information:We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – welcome and entertain millions of guests each year from across the country and around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all newly-hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their onboarding dates.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.