Associate Manager, Sales Planning & Channel OptimizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 822325BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 18, 2021
You need to have a thorough understanding of Shanghai Disney Resort (SHDR) business from sales, distribution, and fulfillment perspective, to facilitate business planning and support all above teams to achieve their sales goals year on year.
Collectively, different sales channels managed by SHDR Sales organization contribute to different admission and lodging revenue. To facilitate the achievement of this revenue goal, the job holder and team have to work closely with leaders of different channels to formulate high level sales products and promotions strategies, and develop the corresponding execution plans. You have to articulate the plan to sales leaders and key Lines of Business partners, plus render support to the fulfillment logistics, communications, measurement, evaluation of the sales products. In addition, you and your team have to frequently and proactively review and improve workflows and business rules together with different teams and Lines of Business regarding product sales and fulfillment, to achieve higher efficiency.
Areas of responsibility includes:
Formulate Execution Plans of Sales Products and Promotions: While a high portion of the business comes from the third party channels, the resort operates in a complex business landscape in the sense that we are driving business from different markets and types of partners. During the course of supporting channel leaders to formulate sales and product strategy in terms of offer design, pricing, booking path, execution feasibility, etc., you need to give all round consideration and advice based on different internal and external factors, including: You need to know our own sales and fulfillment capabilities and restrictions; understand the internal working time line; preferences and capabilities of the distribution partners; and know potential channel conflicts in terms of sales and fulfillment capabilities, timeline, etc. in order to ensure the strategy is sound.
Measurement and Evaluation: As the resort operates with multiple operational systems that basically do not talk to each other, it is often challenging to get a clear single view of the sales data needed to facilitate sales planning and strategy formulation. You need to have strong analytical sense and problem-solving capabilities to piece together the necessary information from different source data, draw valuable and actionable insights, and effectively communicate such insights within the sales team and other members of the leadership team.
You will be a frequent representative of the team for different cross Line of Business initiatives and projects, with the role of a sounding board for the need of sales organization and ensure the team’s interest is safeguarded.
- You will provide analysis of sales trends for different products, sales product and channel performance, guest research, market intelligence, etc., in order to better identify business gaps or new opportunities;
- You will oversee the team on the preparation of different regular reports and handle ad hoc requests from sales leaders on reporting, and drive other necessary measurement and evaluation on the tactical actions of different sales channels, with the objective of continuous refinement of commercial strategy;
- You need to accountable for travel partners’ compensation report, which includes pay-out recommendation and refinement, adjustment of hurdle target, and/or compensation integrity to the best interest of the company;
- Overall Sales Cast Members incentive program, reporting, adjustment, and recommendation, with a collective collaboration with Finance and HR partners;
- You need to take up other projects and initiatives related to the Sales team on Sales strategy; identify, assess and prioritize new business growth opportunities;
- You will support Senior Manager, Sales Planning and Business Integration to develop consistent strategic thinking & planning approach across different sales teams (including template, tool, etc.) and enable each sales team to do develop sales strategy;
- At least 5 years of sales or business development experience, consulting or strategic planning experience is plus
- University degree and above, MBA degree preferred
- Strong communication and language ability, strong numerical sense is also crucial in order to handle different price points of products on a daily basis
- Thorough understanding of the travel industry, with macroeconomic perspective in order to facilitate product planning and strategic analysis
- Strong business acumen to evaluate product proposal and identify gaps in current offerings. Given the emphasis on travel trade sales, experience in this area would be an advantage
- Strong logical and critical thinking, and the courage to challenge the status quo, in order to drive improvement on existing products, workflow, etc.
- An innovator on how to improve operational and distributional efficiency with strategic use of Information Technology
- Change management is also a constant issue that the job holder has to face, especially when rolling out new digital/technological solution internally and externally. Often, there will be resistance to change among the team or partners, and so the job holder needs to adopt different tactics to work with different stakeholders and achieve the change objectives.
- The ability to handle Sales strategy ideas and solving sales and fulfillment obstacles as stated above
- Capable to interact with a wide range of internal partners during the course of his/her daily work, such as different channel management teams within the sales organization, Revenue Management and Analytics, Finance, Food and Beverage, Merchandise, Park operations, Hotel operations, etc. and the interaction at different levels (managers and working levels)
- Excellent written communication is also required for putting together effective product descriptions, terms and conditions, etc.
- Result orientation and begin with end in mind
- Strong strategic thinker but also can be down to earth to ratify and refine strategy
- A driver with efficient and effective communication skills
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.