Associate Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 775169BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
- You will set product strategy for owned categories;
- You will perform market analysis, competitive shop, and analyze historical sales trends to keep abreast of current consumer and fashion trends and obtain innovative ideas for merchandise assortment strategies;
- You will identify emerging trends and develop business strategies, outline strengths and weaknesses of Shanghai Disney Resort Merchandise and analyze new opportunities and challenges;
- You will develop and implement a seasonal and core product mix that is balanced in regards to product details to meet multiple needs and optimize business strategies.
- You will collaborate with Creative Team and Sourcing Team to review samples, communicate and make comments to vendors as needed, and implement merchandise strategies to achieve the financial goals set by Category Planning;
- You will collaborate with Category Planning Team to provide Sourcing Team with quantities, target costs and retails, delivery dates, and flow and exit strategies;
- You will partner with Creative Team and Sourcing Team follow through on Product Technical Packages from inception to completion;
- You will ensure all contracts are arranged in place as needed.
- You will communicate the strategic assortment direction to key cross-functional partners (Category Planning, Design, Creative, Sourcing, Location Planning, Visual Display, Global Partners, Franchise & Brand Management, etc.);
- You will provide Category Planning and Sourcing with final assortment plans and line lists with product details and target retails, while weighing the importance to the overall assortment;
- You will assist in leading category line review, and conduct location product knowledge sessions as needed.
- Possess a bachelor degree or equivalent, majored in product design and development is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in buying, merchandising or product development, experience in jewelry, consumable, soft plush or toy industry is preferred;
- Ability to lead, manage, and develop professional talent, inspire and motivate the team to achieve a higher level of performance;
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to details;
- Outstanding writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Proven experience in leading a team with strong influencing abilities and teamwork spirit;
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.