Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Project CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 565019BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 11, 2018
Job Summary:Facility Asset Management team is responsible for management and execution of Shanghai Disney Resort facility enhancement and modification projects. Associate Project Coordinator is responsible to support project manager for coordinating the quality and schedule of Facility Asset Management projects by ensuring streamlined communication and process flow from concept design through implementation and closeout. This position facilitates project integration and ensures smooth communication to the line of businesses and vendors/contractors.
Associate Project Coordinator must consistently maintain a bottom-up, broad perspective across all disciplines in order to ensure that all aspects of the work are covered and no efforts are duplicated.
- Support project manager to generate and maintain project schedule and milestones
- Maintain scope of work for assigned Facility Asset Management projects, communicate with relevant stakeholders to understand functional needs and clarify project goals
- Serve as the main interface to the vendors/contractors, Architecture and Facility Engineering team and operators, responsible for smooth distribution of information and documents among all parties involved
- Record and distribute meeting minutes
- Facilitate meetings and other communications as necessary in order to ensure proper integration and to resolve issues in a timely manner. Manage relationships with project stakeholders
- Conflict resolution and problem solving on project
- Work with project estimator to review vendor quotation, ensure all projects goals are financially met
- Track projects' spending for any scope changes or additions to scope
- Develop tracking & action list, deliverable matrixes and design input matrixes
- Create presentations to senior management on project status
- Oversee project construction activities, coordinate and supervise permit to work, site access, hoarding walls and safety, inspect the on-site arrival of materials and construction quality
- Organize material mock-up review with creative team, manage material and shop drawing submittal & review process
- Interface with the international shipping and logistic team and assist with the preparation of shipping documents
- Organize field turnover meeting, track progress and distribute conclusions from site inspections
- Manage development of the turnover deliverables matrix for each venue and facilitate turnover of deliverables to operators
- Adherence to all personnel policies and company handbooks
- Bachelor degree or above, with an emphasis in engineering, architecture, design, business or other related fields
- 3+ years job related experience, 1-2 years Walt Disney Imagineering construction management/ coordination experience strongly desired
- Proven proficiency in PowerPoint to give presentations, other office software skills including Word and Excel
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Ability to read and understand the information contained on drawings, AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Experience in managing the construction development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control, punch lists)
- Scheduling and estimating experience
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability and a confidence in dealing with a large variety of project disciplines and personalities
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.