Associate Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 818595BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 06, 2021
This position primary responsibility is to manage special events within Shanghai Disney Resort boundary, provide coordination among internal line of businesses, vendors and tenants to achieve objectives. Associate project manager will also be involved in other types of projects, such as facility maintenance, store decoration, theme finishes and rockwork, graphics and signage, etc. This position manages multiple different types of projects in parallel to meet year target, he is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of these projects as a whole with specific emphasis in the following areas:
- Budget Development, management, tracking and reporting;
- Project management and administration
- Development, issuance, and maintenance of projects’ schedule and milestones;
- Procurement oversight;
- Contract development and management;
- Construction management and project turn over.
Responsibilities:Project Management and Administration:
- Participates with other project stakeholders in the determination of project strategies ensuring cost efficiency, construction quality, functionality and schedule compliance;
- Develops and maintains project scope projections and matrixes;
- Prepares and distributes project status reports to senior staff members;
- Develops and participates in Contractor or Vendor qualification process;
- Cooperate with Permitting team to oversee all authorities’ application and acceptance;
- Assures the proper project hand-over to Shanghai Disney Resort operations and maintenance staffs;
- Implements the project budget and finance procedures, providing or receiving input from business, design and procurement to ensure that all project goals are financially met;
- Responsible for developing, assembling and reporting the highest level of financial and administrative information to senior staff members;
- Oversees and track all project financial expenditures and activities;
- Prepares and tracks all projects’ funding for any scope changes or additions to scope.
- Develops and supervises maintenance of individual project schedule and milestone calendars;
- Ensures that all project goals and deadlines are met and on target;
- Communicates project goals and major milestones to senior staff members and other senior project stakeholders;
- Develops scope of work, implements Contractor or Vendor bid, contract and change order
- Manages and evaluates change requests, track and update financial and schedule impacts into status reports to senior staff members
- Oversees line item procurement information into the project schedule and procurement plans;
- Assures vendor compliance to budget and schedule;
- Assists when necessary with the management of all vendor business issues including change-order approval and scheduling.
- Oversees team’s projects construction activities, when necessary, act as main contact point with other project stakeholders to coordinate field construction;
- Facilitates Permit to Work within operating facilities and attractions;
- Manages to prepare project handover documentation, including as-built drawings and OandM manuals
- A bachelor degree in Construction Science, Project or Construction Management or Engineering, or equivalent degree;
- Candidate will have a minimum 5 years professional experience in project management and administration;
- Candidate have computer PowerPoint skills to give presentations, spreadsheet and word processing skills;
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin
- Possess strong skills in the areas of contract, budget breakdown and control;
- Be familiar with construction permitting and acceptance procedure;
- Possess on-location or in-the-field experience with facility construction and must be familiar with terms used in construction drawings and ability to read and understand the information contained on drawings.
- Possess strong managerial and communication skills for overall project management and leadership;
- Be able to develop, communicate clearly and supervise vendors in project tasks, goals and timelines;
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.