Associate Specialist, Language Support ServiceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724034BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
- Interpreting support, including conference interpreting (both consecutive and simultaneous), escort interpreting, whispering, etc.
- Document translation, including but not limited to meeting decks, press release, communication messages, contracts, etc.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the LSS team and the overall Public Affair team
- 1-3 year interpreting and translation experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent certificates in Translation and Interpretation
- Japanese native is preferred
- Good interpretation and translation skills from Japanese to and English/ Mandarin to Japanese
- Ability to proofread work from outside agency translators and provide advance briefings, and/or timely performance feedback
- When necessary, is able to coordinate the distribution of large assignments, and be responsible for the timely submission of such work
- Strong communication skills, and ability to deliver sensitive messages in a concise and professional manner
- Decent awareness on cultural differences among business partners and be able to bridge the cultural gap between Shanghai Disney Resort teams and their partners
- Highly professional, with proven ability to learn fast and adapt to new situations in a short time frame; good team player and detail oriented
- Computer and Internet proficiency in software required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later