Asst Manager, Merchandising, ShopDisneyApply NowApply Later Job ID 792442BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 26, 2021
The eCommerce Merchansing/Planning Assistant Manager will support growth and healthiness of Ecommerce business for shopDisney China through planning, driving and managing assortment /promotion plan and execution for shopDisney eCommerce.
- Develop, execute and evaluate an assortment plan that supports financial objectives of overall shopDisney Ecommerce business.
- Holistically understand EC market and consumer insights to explore the product opportunity from category-wise and franchise- wise by data analysis.
- Manage product assortment, product inventory and replenishment. Develop and manage phase-in/ phase-out strategy, including slow moving products, and minimize residual inventory
- Plan, manage and communicate seasonal / thematic product events from initial concept to exit strategy.
- Conduct monthly Products Meeting to ensure EC Team and respective stakeholders are aligned on product launch plan which cascade down to campaigns, promotion and execution plan
- Work with EC Marketing and EC Operation to achieve and exceed sales targets of overall E-Commerce performance.
- Work with Finance Team to ensure relevant info and input for capturing sales & inventory.
- Analyze and define the category growth opportunities by channel, make proper suggestions to superior for decision making
- Analyze and review business data to provide further improvement action plans
Basic Qualifications:Key Requirements
• Strong understanding of eCommerce trade marketing knowledge.
• Strong analytical skills and fact based orientation in decision making.
• Ability to influence cross functional teams, logical thinking.
Bachelor’s degree, MBA degree is preferred
- Minimum 7 years work experience in category management, merchandise and assortment plan preferably in fashion or toy categories. With Import product experience will be a plus.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of Ecommerce and digital business. Proven experience in working with major brands or platforms is a must.
- Commercial, financial and technology savvy. Proven experience in developing complex assortment plan (strategy, financial & execution) for an ecommerce business will be a plus.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Strong analytic and communication skill to all levels of audience
- Fluent Mandarin and English (speak, read and written)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.