Athletic Trainer 1Apply NowApply Later Job ID 795285BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 19, 2021
Responsibilities:You will responsible for development and execution of on the job training for new Athletic Trainers;
• You will partner with the Senior Athletic Trainer, management, and show teams to proactively integrate resources to develop targeted sports training programs to help actors prevent injuries and reduce the risk of injury;
• You will be responsible for the management of the overall training schedule for all Athletic Training Programs;
• You will supervise and maintain the quality of Athletic Training programs, manage the effectiveness of sports rehabilitation and athletic training;
• You will manage inventory management of therapy vendors and fitness equipment;
• You will conduct analysis of acute and chronic issues to look for trends and provide guidance to the team;
• You will design physical health and stamina-related programs for performers;
• You need to provide exercise, stretching and conditioning instruction for performers;
• You need to provide sports rehab and recovery advice on related injuries to performers (Cast Members) as needed;
• You will observe show and give advice to prevent injuries;
• You need to provide basic first aid to related injuries;
• You need to help maintain injury database and provide guidance to the Management team;
• You will support the Senior Athletic Trainer in operation management and be the contact person as back up Senior Athletic Trainer.
Basic Qualifications:At least 2 Years of Experience in Athletic Therapy, Entertainment, Sports or other related industry required;
• Graduates of sports rehabilitation and human movement science or related disciplines;
• Have basic first aid skills;
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to give direction, instruct and motivate front-line Cast Members and peers and manage multiple priorities;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Outgoing, empathetic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Fluent in both English and Mandarin;
• Good team player and demonstrated ability to show empathy to others.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.