Business Systems Analyst
Shanghai, 020 - CNApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768845BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Dec. 10, 2020
Job Summary:You are responsible for supporting Disney Park by providing a superior customer experience within a large enterprise, retail setting. And keeping up to date and developing changes, or upgrades, to existing technology. The primary areas include a theme park, hotels, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Responsible for supporting Disney Park by providing a superior customer experience within a large enterprise, retail setting.
- Responsible for keeping up to date and developing changes, or upgrades, to existing technology.
- Will have advanced knowledge of existing technology and act as an advisor for best practices as it relates to development, implementation and integration activities.
- And working with the team, is also responsible for escalation, documentation, training, knowledge transfers and support of the POS Systems Implementation team and other teams. (Including 3rd party vendors.)
- Relies on instructions and established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems as necessary
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs
- Maintains and modifies existing applications.
- Performs software and system testing procedures, debugs, verifies and releases testing and beta support.
- Identifies and defines problems, analyzes requirements, evaluates alternatives and makes recommendations to ensure that information systems meet business objectives.
- Apply diagnostic and analysis techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions and update knowledgebase as needed.
- Provides support to project managers to ensure the development of quality deliverables are properly planned and delivered.
- Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
- Develops integration, deployment, and automation software tools to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Possesses a disciplined approach towards standardization and leveraging existing functionality wherever practicable.
- Provides successful resolutions for technical problems of varying complexities by effectively identifying and defining problems, analyzing requirements, evaluating alternatives, and making sound decisions to ensure the Information Systems meet the business objectives.
- Respond, resolve and record problem calls from the business owners related to software and hardware issues.
- Normal office hours are required with some evening/weekend phone support.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which systems of programming requirements will be written.
- Provide daily payments transaction, file, system and environment operating monitoring which required from business owners, such as sale report tracking assist, scripting and SQL Development desired
- Will ideally have a solid background supporting POS systems(Xstore/Simphony), printer, & wireless device support
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs Micro POS software, hardware and computer peripherals
- May be responsible for training employees and key users of POS system
- Provide Level 2 escalation support in problem solving and troubleshooting for POS applications with a high degree of focus on POS systems and related applications.
- Review and log all activity on escalated support issues daily in Service-Now software (escalation queues) while driving closure to all open escalations.
- Develops strategies and rollout plans for successful execution and support of all SHDR Point of Sale software, supporting java applications, hardware upgrades and new POS initiatives.
- Works with external and internal helpdesks and vendors in knowledge (sharing) transfer retaining documented solutions for recurring issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant restaurant hardware and software applications as assigned and train business owners or key users.
- Provide sales processing support for POS registers and transactions across finance SAP system and resolve system alerts related to availability, transaction processing errors, file processing errors, vendor/host system issues, and hardware and/or network connectivity.
- Must have strong communication and troubleshooting skills and be comfortable speaking on the phone. Preferred candidates will have prior work experience in a help desk or call center environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with business leaders
- Follows, adheres to and promotes Change Control process disciplines.
- Will have extensive hands on working knowledge and expertise in POS solutions including federal hardware and software implementations and customer training.
- Assess customer needs and identifies potential issues and address solutions prior to issue resolution.
- Ability to independently configure, setup, testing and implementation of POS solution in moderate to complex environments.
- Have working knowledge or experience with POS Software management. This includes the ability to install and set up new POS workstations, maintain the database and test database and software changes.
- Have the ability to adapt to changing schedules/situations and escalate problems when required.
- Have a strong preference for someone who is interested in learning and potentially taking on responsibilities outside the job description to assist the team.
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly with organization staff at different levels of technical expertise.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.