Category Manager, Global Account
Shanghai, Mainland China
As a Category Manager, you will manage key account licensees by implementing strategies and leading the development and execution of appropriate local market plans.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Yes (Frequent)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Skilled presenter
- Relationship expertise
- Manage Key Account Licensees:
- Implement Key Account plan / strategy
- Develop & execute appropriate local market Key Account plans
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget of Key Account.
- Ensure Licensees have full understanding on Disney’s business standards, directions and strategies. Manage the Licensees to achieve yearly targeted budget.
- Strategic Management
- Implement Key Account plan / strategy.
- Develop local market plan in line with Key Account strategy & plan.
- Undertake market analysis to follow or proactive meet trends & regulations, monitor categories and retail performance, and develop Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (franchise, products, price, and retail channel) for DCP to expand brand presence consistently with retailer needs.
- Contribute to Key Account discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Category Management
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget
- Identify & sign contract with new licensees for the development of the category
- Identify product, franchises, and channel gaps and ensure that the plans in place to fill the gaps.
- Manage Contract Renewals based on category plan.
- Assist the establishment of efficient distribution services.
- Provide account management to top/key licensees for long term business development.
- Coordinate with DCP Compliance Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s labor standards.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional).
- Regularly communicate with licensees and conduct performance reviews (quarterly) with Key/Top Licensees.
- Retail Management
- Work with key retail account to manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail.
- Work with buyers/merchandisers from key retail accounts to develop business opportunities, managing or providing advices on product sourcing, mix / range, pricing and new programs specific to each retailer’s shopping profile.
- Act as communication link between Disney and licensees and retail buyers.
- Target key retail account to conduct retail account performance review and marketing update (quarterly).
- Creative Management
- Direct product development with DCP Product Developer consistently with category plan and ongoing product quality improvement program.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product approvals with DCP Product Developer.
- Work with Creative team to support licensee signage and merchandising needs.
- Finance Management
- Responsible for Key Account budget & bottom line responsibility.
- Provide Key Account forecast on regular/quarterly basis (revenue grading).
- Responsible for collection past due accounts receivable.
- Marketing Management
- Coordinate with DCP Retail, Sales & Marketing team to support sales promotion, events and advertising in the local market.
- Work with DCP Retail, Sales & Marketing Team to ensure better understanding of consumer profiles and market needs.
- Work with Studio Team to support Key Account movie promotion
- Work with Franchise Marketing to support Key Account franchise promotion
- Ensure licensees to implement the Disney visual merchandising programs.
- Information Systems
- Maintain competency in DCP business systems
- Insight (Contract Administration & Royalty Reports)
- Invision (Forecasting/Budgeting)
- Selectica (Contract Approval)
- SAP (Travel expenses & Purchase Orders)
- Team Management
- Assist Key Account Team to achieve team targets
Basic Qualifications:1. Education
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
2. Minimum of 8 years working experience in related industry at merchandising, marketing or sales related undertakings.
3. Personal Attributes
- Intelligent, self-directed, self-starter, good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skill and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Committed to excellence.
- Toy product knowledge is advantageous.
4. Other requisites, languages
- Fluent English and Mandarin.
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here.