Chief PhysicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 773561BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Feb. 05, 2021
- You will establish scope, protocol and approach to providing both guest first aid and Cast Member Health Services at Shanghai Disney Resort;
- You will understand and document as relevant to Disney the local Shanghai and China country specific requirements for worker health and public health;
- You will provide medical consultation and expertise for occupational health matters, document process and protocols and train related partners. Training include medical supervision, government mandated exams and certifications, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act)-required exams, work-related injury or illness management, fitness for duty evaluations and urgent care cases;
- You will develop strategies to promote employee engagement in health and life balance to help employees face the future of work more collegiately and flexibly
- You will define whether or not to insource or outsource the guest first aid, and take part in hiring and selecting outsource vendor;
- You will work with Safety Team, Human Resources Team and the Chief Medical Officer to develop a strategy for Cast Member Health Services, including recommendations on physicians, nursing staffing and services, operational effectiveness, and clinical effectiveness. You will also develop Occupational Health Policies and Procedures; You will participate in site management, and work with Safety team, as well as the Chief Medical Officer to develop new medical supervision programs as needed to address novel occupational health hazards in regarding to Cast Members health;
- You will provide wellness services (biometrics, health assessments, wellness lectures) as needed;
- You will establish good partnership with local hospital to manage green channel for guest and Cast medical services, sick leave management, maternity situations, work injury, health certification renewals, etc.;
- You will monitor ongoing emerging public health issues in China and work with site leadership and the Chief Medical Officer to reduce the risk of exposure between Cast Members and Guests at Shanghai Disney Resort;
- You will identify, manage and mitigate basic occupational medicine issues at the workplace;
- You will work with local government on daily operational issues, such as China Disease Control Center, Shanghai Municipal Health Commission, etc.
- Have a medical Degree, Doctor of Medicine or equivalent, with training in both Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as a minimum of 10 to 15 years of professional experience;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Mandarin;
- Broad perspective on health care delivery and ability to translate the vision to strategy and execution. Deep insight into public health services, and have the willingness to transfer vision into strategy and execute it;
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order;
- High energy and excellent personal characteristics. Possess excellent presentation and written communication skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple constituencies. Have the ability to effectively collaborate and reach a consensus with other departments, and have good negotiation skills;
- Have the ability to collaborate with occupational health and wellness department under a globalized environment.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.