ChoreographerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708435BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 25, 2019
- Responsible to create the dance and staging parts of shows, events and projects
- Lead the Stage Assistant and Dance Captains to ensure shows qualities and conduct brush-up rehearsals when required
- Work closely with the Entertainment team for the developments of new entertainment products
- Assist the Show Director to oversee the artistic creation of concepts and the creative development of shows, events and/or projects
- Assists the talent casting team to conduct auditions
- Teach existing choreography to performers both on and off property.
- Maintain staging, choreography and creative intent in Shows, Atmosphere Entertainment, Parades to ensure show quality by partnering with the Show Director, Choreographer or Dance Captain
- Maintain a current library of scripts, blocking books, rehearsal tapes, videos and music scores
- Maintain consistent show quality and creative intent by reviewing, providing feedback/notes and direction to the performers
- Conduct/Oversee workshops, auditions and rehearsals for performers
- Ensure creative intent in all shows is maintained and providing teaching or training materials where necessary to correct performances
- Stage all levels of performers
- Identify and support target areas for performer improvement
- Communicate notes and areas of performer improvement to operational management, Show Director
- Strong technical background in various dance styles.
- In-depth knowledge of the trends and audience preferences of the dance industry.
- Theme park or live theatrical entertainment experience
- Proven experience teaching dance
- Ability to demonstrate a variety of styles of choreography or direction clearly and accurately
- Ability to accurately notate and maintain choreography and blocking documentation
- Ability to organize material to be taught and conduct rehearsals, teach and coach
- Ability to adapt teaching to all levels of learning
- Ability to observe and document performer’s execution of choreography, blocking, and stage presence and give constructive performance notes to performers
- Demonstrated ability to teach existing choreography to new and established performers to ensure consistent performances
- Ability to organize materials to be taught and conduct rehearsals, teach and coach
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Ability to distinguish the performance nuances of different Characters
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Conversational in English
- Proactive (responds to situations)
- Flexible/adaptable (may work in an ever-changing work environment)
- Receptive to special requests
- Enthusiastic about interacting and working with performers
- Willing to work together in a team environment
- Ability to work in a very culturally diverse environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing Guest situations
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later