Construction ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 779431BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
You will be responsible for the day-to-day field construction management, provide leadership and technical expertise to drive construction activities. You will be working closely with the Project Manager, Planner, Coordinator and Contractor team, interfacing with Architecture and Facility Engineering, Attraction and other Facilities and Operations Services departments and other Lines of business to ensure the achievement of project goals.
- You will manage construction efforts on facility asset management projects through planning, execution and handover. Be able to accept night shift as required per project needs;
- You will develop and manage the construction safety program in close coordination with Shanghai Disney Resort safety department, setup regular safety performance review with contractors;
- You will develop constructability analysis and value engineering recommendation based on design input and site condition to minimize construction impact to park operation;
- You will develop construction schedule and milestones, and communicates project goals to project stakeholders, contractors and vendors to ensures that all project goals and deadlines are met and on target;
- You will review and approve contractor’s project schedule;
- You will develop construction quality inspection procedure, conduct construction quality inspection, and organize joint acceptance for project completion together with related stakeholders;
- You will organize field investigation and construction preparation (varied by project) and deepen site logistics plan;
- You will report out on progress, schedule and quality, monitor construction and quality control;
- You will facilitate permit to work within operating facilities and attractions, and supervise construction drawing and material submission processes;
- You will be responsible for managing on-site construction documents, including maintenance clarification, submittal, and deficiency logs;
- You will internally coordinate with other departments within Shanghai Disney Resort, and externally communicate with governmental and utility agencies;
- You will need to follow all personnel policies and company handbooks.
- A Bachelor degree or above in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Building Construction, Engineering, Architecture, or related professions with over 10 Years’ job related experience, Facility Operations Service or Walt Disney Imagineering Construction Management and Coordination experience is a plus;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint to deliver presentations, possess spreadsheet and word processing skills;
- Possess rich on-site or in-the-field experience with facility construction and must be familiar with terms used in construction drawings and ability to read and understand the information contained on drawings;
- Proven experience in managing the construction development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control, punch lists);
- Possess strong skills in the areas of contract, budget breakdown and control;
- Familiar with construction permitting and acceptance procedure;
- Possess strong managerial and communication;
- Be able to communicate clearly and supervise subordinates in project tasks, goals and timelines;
- Be able to support and enforce the company and Facility Operation Service guidelines policies and procedures.
- Fluent in speaking and writing both Mandarin and English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.