Cosmetology ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 854887BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
Responsibilities:• You will support Cast Members, provide professional hair and makeup technical guidance;
• You will Monitor Daily operations and conduct quality checks;
• You will communicate information in a timely manner (Daily offering changes, Special events, etc.);
• You will lend support to the other Cosmetology areas, provide technical support in hair and makeup (Hair & Makeup Training);
• You will attend weekly meeting, Show production meeting, Dress Rehearsals, Etc. ;
• You will review cast working schedules weekly prior to posting;
• You will make required changes to daily assignments based on workload and staffing;
• You will oversee ordering of supplies and inventory management;
• You will make reasonable use of the operating budget and monitor spending;
• You will monitor labor budget and follow SHDR process for recording and justifying variances;
• You will hold Cast Members accountable for daily assignments.
Basic Qualifications:• Highly motivated self starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment, strong organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to function in a fast paced team environment;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Fluent in Mandarin, Basic in English spoken and writing;
• Able to strong networking and partnering skills;
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and act proactively and decisively;
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays;
• Hair & makeup technical training certificate;
• 2 years management experience or equivalent;
• High School degree or equivalent;
• 6 years or above in hair & makeup related field working experience;
• Minimum one year experience in a theater related field;
• Familiar with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.