Culinary DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 821427BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China; Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 09, 2021
Responsibilities:Leadership and Relationship Management
- You will clearly articulate and communicate the vision and goals of the Food and Beverage Department;
- You will communicate the vision for the catering operation to all employees;
- You will promote and maintain a culture of friendly and genuine service through ongoing performance coaching and implementation of management processes;
- You will develop and manage talent effectively through identifying training and development needs, coaching and developing appropriate measurable reward/incentive programs which recognize exceptional cast performance;
- You will ensure development plans are in place and executed for career growth at all levels;
- You will interpret and utilize sales and service performance indicators to motivate and enhance the overall performance of the team;
- You will develop strong partnership relationships with Food Beverage support teams within Disney’s worldwide operations.
- You will undertake regular review of department processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency;
- You will ensure resources are balanced with seasonal and annual fluctuating business level;
- You will review ongoing opportunities for product and facility development being mindful of Operating Income requirements and communicating such with relevant Senior Executives;
- You will clear focus on the product development side of the business with the ability to identify opportunities to enhance the guest experience and drive business results.
- You will be responsible for the profit and loss management of the catering and culinary operations;
- You will monitor the financial performance for departmental, expenses and resultant Operating Income in order to meet financial expectations on a short and long term basis;
- You will analyze performance and financial data to prioritize actions, driving resourcing decisions and capacity planning.
- You will be able to take control of the menu, update and enhance it, and then develop a comprehensive menu strategy for all restaurant locations, along with a project plan with milestones and timelines for the development of these menus.;
- You will operate the testing kitchen to develop recipes and operating processes for each location;
- You will work with the Sourcing and Procurement line of business to define recipe ingredients and identifying local in market vendors. The documentation of those menus, cooking instructions, training and final food presentation;
- You will hire and train key culinary talent for all locations in partnership with our HR department;
- You will partner with and support Sourcing and Procurement on creative presentations, selection of disposables, chinaware, glassware, food displays, menu design and graphic presentations;
- You will partner with Finance to plan for and achieve financial pro forma objectives for food and food cost targets;
- You will provide leadership, technical training, creative direction, quality control, change management to the culinary team of the Resort;
- You will monitor the Operating Guidelines and reflecting any changes that occur as the business and operational needs occur;
- You will play a key role in the support of the Director of F&B on special ad-hoc projects and segment related global initiatives.
- 15+ years of experience in the F&B Industry or relevant theme park business or high volume, multiply outlet business;
- Needs to have a detailed understanding of a HACCP Integrated operation;
- The ability to work in a corporate environment that has matrix organizational structure;
- Experience in F&B hotel management with exposure to all lines of businesses preferred;
- Detailed experience with project management and delivery deadlines;
- Strong relationship skills consistent with the extensive amount of personal interaction that will take place with Guests and Cast;
- Solid negotiation, persuasion, communication, presentation and public speaking skills with high level of creativity and innovation;
- Fluent in English. Mandarin preferred.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.