Shanghai, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID 805277BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 12, 2021
Job Summary:You will be the data engineer participating in data projects to understand business data requirements, understand business process flows, develop data collection, storage, and analytics solutions, as well as managing daily operations, incidents, troubleshooting for existing Business Intelligence platforms. You will be familiar with data application architecture, business intelligence products, data security , and comfortable prioritizing multiple varied workstreams. Opportunities will include designing data solutions, optimizing business operations, developing data models & algorithms, and any exciting areas in the data analytics domain with your curiosity.
- You will design and develop data integration jobs, ETL scripts for inbound and outbound data pipes
- You will maintain daily operation for Business Intelligence platforms including Tableau, BO, SAS &, etc.
- You will develop data visualization layers such as reporting and dashboard
- You will deliver project database and support all DB related troubleshooting tasks
- Bachelor's degree in CS/MIS or equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in related fields
- 5+ years DBA experience, or 3+ years data engineering related experience
- Ability to design data solutions, familiar with solution details about data collection, storage, and analytics/visualization
- Familiar with Dimensional Modelling concepts, (fact, dimension, Kimball or Inmon approach)
- Ability to develop code/scripts for data processing with at least one of SQL, PL/SQL, Bash, Python, etc.
- Ability to query and manipulate large dataset (TB) in Oracle or SQL Server effectively, and improve performance of SQL and batch job according to requirements
- Familiar with at least one database product administration & maintenance (i.e.: Oracle, MySQL SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.)
- Familiar with at least one Business Intelligence products (i.e.: Tableau, Business Objects, SAS, Qlik, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact in a team environment and collaborate with team members internally and externally
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Able to read technical documents and write business communication emails
- Preferable with experience in Big Data processing using Apache Hadoop/Spark ecosystem applications like Hive, Spark, Kafka and HDFS
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.