Design Manager, Product, APAC DCG
Shanghai, Mainland China
As a Manager, Design, you will be responsible for the design of licensed publishing and design process from artwork creative to finished product with focus on assigned categories.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Technologically savvy
- Skilled presenter
- Visual thinker
Job Summary:Design Manager, Product, APAC DCG
Responsibilities:Short Description of Responsibility-
- Reporting directly to the Senior Design Managers, you will be responsible for working within the Central Product team, to participate in developing strategic product plans and design directions.
- Be a key partner in developing seasonal collection style, fabric, detail, color & print concepts across multiple consumer touchpoints that align with our global & APAC strategy and drive licensing product directions.
- To learn to observe market needs and the Company’s (Disney) strategic plans, and to translate story-telling into product design directions.
- To help consolidate APAC creative resources; and in the areas of opportunity, to help create and pitch kits.
- Ensure to uphold Disney’s standards in quality for designs.
TOP DTR ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Ensure all phases of design and sampling for respective product category from inception to final approval, including Disney IP usage, specification design development, quality, adherence and accountability to design standards and calendar deadlines.
- Work with the team to create pitch, workshop, and training presentation materials.
- Ensure each licensee’s creative direction is original and update internally to avoid overlapping of designs.
Basic Qualifications:Key Skills Requirement
- Good understanding of fashion(apparel/accessory/footwear) product development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work multi-cultural environment.
INTERNAL: Interaction directly with Design Managers and other Design team members for product development concept activities; Interaction directly with Category Managers for licensees’ product development strategy, process, as well as for production to ensure quality of all products. Interaction indirectly with APAC region creative teams to support them with appropriate material. Interaction indirectly with the Central Art team and Franchise Leads to develop creative material. Interact directly with all other corporate personnel as required.
EXTERNAL: Interaction with licensees’ design teams for account management and support.
Other Detailed Responsibility & Task Focus
- Participate in preparations for events such as yearly kick-off and movie presentations.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here.