Director, Design, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 854882BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China; Tokyo, Japan Business Disney Licensing Date posted 09/13/2021
Short Description of Responsibility-
- Reporting directly to the VP Creative, you will be responsible for leading the APAC Creative team to strategize creative plans and creative visions.
- Drive creative asset development based on brand strategy to deliver timely, storytelling visual assets, in graphic designs, 3D designs, inspirational concepts for licensing and O&O product development.
- Lead in creative development for APAC Branding and Packaging across franchises.
- Lead in creative development for APAC Owned and Operated Disney Stores.
- Lead for APAC style guide development directions for Mickey and Classics and Princess.
- Define creative trends in partnership with Brand Strategy and Product Development leads.
- Collaborate with Global Creative teams to provide APAC insight and creative solutions.
- A minimum of 12 years working experience in Visual Art Design, Product Design or Fashion Textile Design industry with focus on Graphic design.
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in a management leadership role.
- Ability to lead a culturally and geographically diverse team.
- Ability to work independently and lead design projects and team.
- Passion for the portfolio of TWDC brands.
- High level of enthusiasm and be an inspirational advocate for creative excellence.
- Easily builds relationships with cross functional partners.
Key Skills Requirement
- Strong presentational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management and operational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in various presentational (Microsoft Office, Keynote…etc.) and professional design (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effect…etc.) software.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.