Director, Marketing Communications & Consumer ActivationApply NowApply Later Job ID 762852BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 06, 2020
- Lead full-link data-driven consumer activation. Lead APP/Web/Wechat strategy and user activation plans to realize brand building and business goal
- Development of communications, working with internal creative team and agency partners to deliver the biggest impact in communication efforts, partnering with strategy leaders to ensure creative follows strategy and build brand crave across consumer touchpoints
- 7+ years of directly related experience
- College degree
- Experience in consumer marketing communications, direct channel (APP/Web/Wechat) user operation, broadcast production is desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop successful working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders such as media, alliance partners, studio, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communication, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Extensive experience and skills in writing, editing, and management of communications and designs
- Outstanding attention to detail. Substantive knowledge and demonstrated experience in responding to media inquiries with tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy
- Excellent critical thinking, written and oral communication skills to convey information with accuracy, creativity, and diplomacy
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and highly deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision and/or on a self-directed basis
- Advanced skills in directing and evaluating creative
- Ability to think in a holistic consumer-centric manner leveraging key insights. Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic planning and project management experience
- Highly proficient at leading and influencing peer-level partners
- Financial literacy, fluency in marketing strategy, and communications
- Advanced skills in user operation across APP/Web/Wechat to build the brand and deliver the business goal. Advanced knowledge of consumer-facing technology and data-driven marketing
Additional Information:Required Competencies:
- Provides authentic thought partnership: Displays radical candor in support of the greater good
- Drives Vision and Purpose: Instills and sustains organization-wide energy for what is possible
- Strategic Mindset: Creates breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action
- Organizational Savvy: Strong political savvy, anticipates issues, navigates, negotiates and influences
- Cultivates Innovation: Moves beyond traditional ways of doing things
- Develops strong relationships with peers and other executives to inspire and set the tone for a positive working environment
- Proactively identify financial opportunities and risks and provide risk mitigation strategies to achieve long-term plan and AOP targets
- Act as a financial advisor and key business partner for the Shanghai Disney Resort leadership team and support them in their decision-making processes
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.