Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Shanghai, China (Mainland)
As a Finance Manager, you will be a vaue added partner while working closely with business leaders to support strategic planning development and annual operating planning to ensure the business is making sensible financial decisions and moves toward long-term financial success. Enable the business to strike a fine balamce between being flexible and being the gatekeeper, willing to support the business by taking calculated risks, yet constantly monitoring business health against benchmarks. In this role, you will be an insightful financial consultant that provides relevant analysis and solutions to new business issues and changing environments.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Skilled presenter
- Technologically savvy
Job Summary:We are seeking candidates with accomplished professional experience, curiosity, and desire to learn and grow, demonstrated analytical skills and outstanding academic records to fill the position of Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Responsible for the development of Shanghai Disney Resort’s long term plan
- Responsible for the long term cost management in alignment with the strategic plan
- Lead Annual Capital Plan, Quarterly Capital Forecast and Long Term Capital Plan process
- Coordinate capital projects in terms of investment analysis, assessment and approval process
- Lead to build a financial model and analysis to support business decisions
- Work with various Line of Business and Operations Finance to maintain effective cost under budget
- Support to train short term assignment Cast Members on financial knowledge and actual training
- Ad hoc analysis work and support for other business requirements
- MBA or other Master’s degree in the related management finance area of 3-5 years, or Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years relevant management finance
- Abundant experience in project finance, operations finance, financial planning, business planning or development, financial and/or management reporting, accounting, and/or corporate finance
- Advanced proficiency in quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and financial modeling
- Demonstrated organizational skills and teamwork spirit with big picture and attention to detail
- Refined written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey key elements with a concise and positive manner
- Self-motivated and can deal with complexity
- Ability to work in a project team-oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multinational company
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of financial systems (e.g. SAP) and software with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
- Experienced in SAP or other Financial/ERP system
- Enthusiasm for the entertainment and travel industries
- Passion for Disney brand
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here.