Shanghai, China (Mainland)
As a Finance Manager, you will be a vaue added partner while working closely with business leaders to support strategic planning development and annual operating planning to ensure the business is making sensible financial decisions and moves toward long-term financial success. Enable the business to strike a fine balamce between being flexible and being the gatekeeper, willing to support the business by taking calculated risks, yet constantly monitoring business health against benchmarks. In this role, you will be an insightful financial consultant that provides relevant analysis and solutions to new business issues and changing environments.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Skilled presenter
- Technologically savvy
Job Summary:The Manager, Finance Studio China will be responsible for participating to the consolidation of Studio financials across China, for both Disney and Fox brands.
In collaboration with the rest of the Studio APAC Finance team as well as with local Studio teams, the position will provide financial and strategic support as part of the Company’s key processes (Five-year Plan, AOP, Forecast and quarterly accounting close).
Financial and planning support will include understand local specificities, participating to building the P&L through all Finance processes and be responsible for all Finance deliverables to our India regional office, or to Burbank Studio Finance teams.
In addition, the position might require to take part to ad-hoc one-time projects or initiatives related to our Studio China/APAC business.
The position requires accomplished professional experience, passion about delivering a quality product, desire to learn and grow, and ability to collaborate, communicate and interact creatively with other Finance teams, in China, APAC and in the US.
The Manager, Finance Studio China, will report to the Director, Finance Studio APAC and Consolidation.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Overall, build a solid working relationship with local Studio business teams (for territories in charge) and get a deep understanding of local theatrical market specificities, in order to be able to explain financials for the territories in charge; become a daily forecasting business partner for the local Studio teams.
- Full responsibility for preparing, submitting and explaining quarterly Theatrical Forecasts for territory (ies) in charge (4 Forecasts per year, second month of each quarter per year), as well as mini-Forecasts (3 per year, first month of each quarter) – to internal stakeholders in Shanghai. Preparation of decks and presentations when required.
- Full responsibility for preparing and submitting the annual Theatrical Five-year Plan (every year), and annual Theatrical AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for territory (ies) in charge– and in charge of follow-ups and additional analysis/requests from all internal stakeholders.
- The position might also provide Finance support to local initiatives when needed, at local Studio teams’ or at APAC Regional teams’ request.
- At each quarter close, in close partnership with our APAC Controllership center (ASC) and APAC Credit & Collections team, preparation and review of accruals related to the Theatrical business for territory (ies) in charge. Preparation of Cause of Change schedules (actuals vs Forecast) and related deliverables.
Projects and Other
- Participation to any project, presentation, analysis or data request related to Studio China/APAC businesses.
- Proactive lead of improvement of processes, new tools adoption for constantly increased efficiency
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here.