Financial Analyst, Financial ReportingApply NowApply Later Job ID 875087BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
An ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will be focused on providing accurate and timely information and will possess a customer service mindset that focuses on providing top-notch service to various partners in the organization.
- Responsible for the coordination and communicate with Finance and other Line of Business partners on month-end closing schedule and data collection, including but not limited to Tax, Operation Finance, WDI Finance, Payroll, Financial System and etc.;
- Prepare and post GL journal entries during month-end closing process to ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Work with planning team to provide variance explanation of month/quarter/annual financial statement to executive leadership and corporate;
- Assist any reports to meet external requirements, e.g. SASAC reporting, statutory reports and etc.;
- Assist to complete Shanghai Disney Resort assets segregation and assets management;
- Provide day to day financial consultation and accounting support to other Line of Business partners;
- Partner closely with the line manager to lead various project initiatives;
- Work closely with internal control team and external auditors to support audit work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance;
- 2+ years working experience in related area;
- Possesses accounting skills & knowledge, familiar with PRC Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Strong analytical and partnering skills;
- Proficient language skills in both English and Chinese, oral and written;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and SAP or any similar accounting system;
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- CPA or other equivalent certificate;
- Familiar with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Additional Information:We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – welcome and entertain millions of guests each year from across the country and around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all newly-hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their onboarding dates.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.