Front Office MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 776369BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 28, 2021
- You will be accountable for operational business decisions and understand when to empower Cast Members and leaders;
- You will remove barriers and identify opportunities for continuous improvement (service, products, facility, systems, etc.);
- You will develop and transfer knowledge and skills to entry level management leaders and experienced Frontline Cast Members;
- You will develop and lead the execution of processes and procedures to exceed guest expectations and to deliver consistent high quality guest service;
- You will ensure target metrics and any legal and regulatory requirements are met and followed in a timely manner;
- You will manage the financial performance of departmental expenses by ensuring on-going metrics such as labor, overtime, cost of sales, and other expense meet the annual operating plan;
- You will contribute to the preparation of the annual operating plan, 5-year plan, and capital planning;
- You will be responsible for hosting the daily pre-shift meetings as well as daily briefing meetings to communicate operational information of guest, Cast Members in a timely manner;
- You will be the model and ensure effective communication and promote positive relationships with and across Lines of Business, Cast Members, and vendors to achieve a successful day-to-day operation;
- You will coordinate and execute local projects, monitor the operational impact, readiness and schedules;
- You will anticipate future cast members’ hiring needs and plan accordingly;
- You will be responsible for resolving guest concerns regarding their experiences at the hotel, theme park or other areas on Shanghai Disney Resort property;
- You will walk the area regularly, interacting with guests, Cast Members and partners on a daily basis to ensure a seamless arrival experience and delivery of superb service.
- Have Hotel Management related certificates, a College degree or a Bachelor degree with a minimum of 8 years Front Office Operation experience and minimum 2 years relevant working experience at supervisory;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of leaders;
- Able to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership and consistent relationship developing and building skills;
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities; Demonstrate a strong level of profession and confidence;
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills, with strong attention to details;
- Demonstrated strong business planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to strong negotiation, influencing, problem solving, as well as continuous improvement process skills;
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Demonstrated strong writing, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to partner with fellow Cast Members and move the operation forward to the next level of excellence;
- Demonstrated financial awareness of budget and daily labor costs;
- Knowledge of industry trends and practical business application;
- Fluent in speaking Mandarin and English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.