Already applied?View Dashboard
Host/Hostess, Food and Beverage (Part-time)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 697071BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 15, 2019
- Greeter - Assist guests with directions, event schedules and other information and assistance as needed to provide excellent guest service. Record guest information, quote accurate times based on dining room status and staffing levels, check in guests into the restaurant
- Assigner - Assign open tables to guests, remain aware of dining room status at all times (necessary to quote accurate estimated wait times, communicate with podium staff, management, photo pass, etc.)
- Seater - Escort guests to their tables, maintain menu cleanliness, monitor the restaurant lobby, and retrieve highchairs and booster seats for younger guests
- Cashier - Greets and takes the guest’s order, enters the order into the system, verifies the guest’s order by repeating the total order back to the guest, assembles the guest’s order and collects payment. Should have cash handling capabilities and be able to count back change. Read point of sale tickets to fill guest’s orders for take-out and dine in. Responsible of maintaining accurate cashier’s fund and complete end-of-day administrative duties
- Carry dirty dishes from dining areas to the dish washing area. Involves bussing of tables, stocking all necessary items, replacing soiled table linens and setting tables with silverware and glassware for table service restaurants
- Pushing/pulling heavy items as required completing tasks (e.g., large carts, dollies, and wagons)
- Equipment operation, including working near equipment that generates heat, cleaning and maintaining overall cleanliness of the wagon, which includes sanitizing and assembling machines (e.g., ovens, popcorn poppers, chiller carts, cotton candy machines and food carts) is required to complete tasks
- Support guest flow in general, including in different locations
- Assist guests with directions, answer questions, provide information and solutions as needed
- Support cleaning work areas and guest areas
- Assist logistics and stocking
- Keep Shanghai Disney Resort clean by picking trash
- Handle cash or process POS in other LOBs
- Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
- Able to make independent decisions to ensure guest satisfaction
- May require working outside in the sunlight and/or inclement weather
- Flexible/adaptable (may work in various areas and under various conditions, and adapt to flexible working time), available to work for three days per week (Thursday to Saturday or Friday to Sunday). 24 hours at most per week
Additional Information:As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
- Salary: your salary consists of hourly pay and your actual working hours.
- Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance.
- Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
- Insurance: You are entitled to Risk Insurance for Employee
- Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later