Already applied?View Dashboard
Kitchen Assistant (Part-time)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 697457BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China; , Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 11, 2020
Kitchen Assistant is an important role in daily operations of the kitchen. Main responsibilities include keeping the back of the house properly cleaned, maintaining the kitchen utensils, and helping Cooks and Chefs to select and store food materials. Kitchen Assistants will be professionally trained to understand the usage and storage of all detergent, ensure the good conditions of all equipment in order to support banquets and outdoor activities.
- Prepares basic food items and stores raw, dry, canned and cooked food
- Cleans the operating equipment (table top- small wares) / machinery / kitchen equipment and utensils, and handles them in a proper way in order to prolong its use
- To keep the back-of-house areas properly cleaned and dry whilst in operations
- Acts in a pleasant, cheerful and courteous way
- Available to work for three full days continuously per week (Thursday to Saturday or Friday to Sunday). 24 hours at most per week
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Should know and follow the basic hygiene & sanitations regulation
- Have a clear understanding of the usage and storage of all detergent per regulations
- Familiar with the cleaning procedures for all tables top - small wares including silver, flat, hollowware, and glassware
- Familiar with the operating procedures of all machinery within BOH
- Should be able to work for more than six consecutive months.
Additional Information:As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
- Salary: your salary consists of hourly pay and your actual working hours.
- Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance.
- Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
- Insurance: You are entitled to Risk Insurance for Employee
- Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.