Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Language Learning Director - ShanghaiApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694496BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Disney English Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
Disney English Language Learning Directors oversee all academic operations within their assigned Language Learning Center. The Language Learning Director (LLD) manages all Foreign Trainers (FT) and Learning Partners within their Center, ensuring staff retention and ongoing development, and ensuring consistent excellence in program delivery for learners aged 2-12.
- Develop and maintain a guest-focused team anchored around the 4 standards of Disney quality: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency
- Create a positive, collaborative and service-focused work environment
- Ensure compliance with academic standards and successful delivery of Disney English Content to ensure learning results in line with company targets
- Senior Foreign Trainer (SFT) - Responsible for instructing children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China and for supporting LLD in providing training and classroom delivery guidance to FTs and LPs and substituting for the LLD when needed
- Foreign Trainers/English Language Trainers (FT/ELT) - Responsible for instructing children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China
Academic Delivery and Business Responsibilities
- Maintain high quality of academic delivery in his/her own classes ensuring consistently high standards
- Deliver up to 6 hours per week of ongoing, regularly scheduled classes/demo classes and additionally substitute for absent trainers based on center needs
- Oversee the accurate placement of all children in the Disney English program in the Center and open new class slots for the sales team when demand requires
- Ensure all local and foreign trainers’ classroom schedules are optimally designed and utilized based on the number of enrolled children
- Through guest service excellence, measurable academic results and support of the sales process, ensure that Center performance goals are met by achieving new learner enrollment and existing learner renewals targets
- Provide training to new trainers both on-going and through on-boarding
- Ensure that the trainer transition process is effectively implemented
- Regularly observe lessons and provide constructive coaching and development to Trainers to maintain high academic delivery standards
- Conduct on-going academic staff meetings to focus on professional development and resolution of classroom issues with cast and learners
- Provide ongoing leadership to Trainers, delivering timely and constructive feedback with follow-up, in addition to comprehensive performance reviews at company determined intervals
- Ensure all Cast members are immersed in Disney English culture and are provided support while adjusting to local culture including, if needed, settling in and finding a home
- Coordinate with Center Manager to conduct regular safety and security training and drills, ensuring all Cast members understand and are able to execute their center’s Emergency Response Plans
- Provide a safe, healthy and happy environment for all guests and cast members in the Language Learning Center
- Provide coverage for all classes in times of trainer sickness or absence
- Together with your team, create an engaging, service-focused environment where the needs of the learners come first
- Ensure all academic Cast members adhere to Disney English operational standards, policies and procedures; system compliance; Disney English teaching methods and Code of Conduct
- Academic team turnover rate
- Learner renewal rate
- Parent Satisfaction Survey score
- Academic teaching quality
|Job Qualifications: |
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.