Lead Designer, PD, Softline, GC&KRApply NowApply Later Job ID 855733BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China; Shenzhen, Mainland China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
- To work closely with licensees, business team and global office, in developing new product lines and concepts.
- To involve in the approval process for in house approvals so as to ensure Disney’s standards are upheld.
- Familiar with fashion trends, product development process and having strong graphics sense.
- To provide design advise/suggestions internally to business team and externally to existing and prospective licensees on quality concepts and designs for their product, so as to increase the revenue for the company.
- To initiate and perform product line reviews, and new licensees’ induction meetings on a regular basis
- To supervise and direct Disney characters/design usage in product, print materials, advertising, promotional and retail projects.
- To build and add into existing library and manage the distribution of art resources, i.e. style guides, art portfolios and brand manuals received from head office
- To recruit and train freelance character artists, designers and sculptors well versed in Disney standards for referral to licensees
- Internal – Category Managers / Creative Team
- External –Potential / existing licensees and other business partners
Outsourced creative house / design companies
Freelance character artists, designers and sculptors
Key global and local retail accounts
Multiple leading fashion brands in China
- University graduate in Fashion design, Graphics design, or media design.
- At least 3 years’ experience or above with relevant design work in fashion industry; preferably with international company.
- Bi-lingual English and Mandarin, fluent in written English is crucial
- Familiar skill with Photoshop, Illustrator, or any other Adobe software
- Presentation Skills in Keynote or PowerPoint
- Passion with Disney Franchises
- Initiative with Creative capability.
- Team player + strong work ethics
- Committed to excellence
- Quality with details
- A creative flair and be able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.