Lead Designer, TDS ChinaApply NowApply Later Job ID 855734BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
Responsibilities:Key Responsibilities :
- To work closely with product development team and vendor/ factories in developing new product lines for The Disney Store online and offline.
- To involve in the approval process for in house approvals of vendors so as to ensure Disney’s standards are upheld.
- To give design advise/suggestions internally to product development team and externally to existing and prospective product development team on quality concepts and designs for products, so as to increase the revenue for the store.
- To provide support in marketing program / tie-in promotions, artworks & special project assigned.
- To supervise and direct Local Content characters/design usage in products, print materials, advertising and promotional and retail projects.
- To build and add into existing library and manage the distribution of art resources, i.e. style guides, art portfolios and brand manuals received from head office
- To recruit and train vendor designers well versed in Disney standards for referral to external partners
- To perform any and all other duties, as may from time to time be assigned from management team
- Internal – Product development team, Creative Team, cross LOB projects with other regional creative teams within North Asia.
- External –Potential / existing vendors and other business partners
Outsourced creative house / design companies
Leading consumer product manufacturers
- University graduate in Fashion / Graphic Design
- 5+ years experience with relevant design work in fashion, accessories or home deco; preferably with international company.
- Bi-lingual English and Mandarin
- Strong product knowledge for soft-line products
- Computer skills on PC, Macintosh, and any related tools, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Presentation Skills in Keynote or PowerPoint
- Creativity and aesthetics in fashion / graphic design, 3D product design skills is a plus.
- Strong presentation skill to present ideas and concepts
- Excellent co-ordination and communication skills
- Product/market/trend research skills
- Team player + strong work ethics
- Business integrity + professional attitude
- Design sense + high taste level
- Committed to excellence
- Attention to detail
- A creative flair and be able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.