Already applied?View Dashboard
Learning and Development ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708428BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 24, 2019
Learning & Development Manager will lead Learning & Development professional team to produce and manage culture and heritage related programs in Shanghai Disney Resort. The main responsibilities include: Disney University new employee orientation management, Disney tradition training trainer recruitment and trainer group management, Disney culture and heritage program development and execution, Disney Company vision, brand promise and values promotion, Disney University operations management, and leading other Learning & Development programs in Disney University.
- Effectively arrange people resources and related processes to feed the needs of Disney University and monitor the progress of the team to achieve the designed objectives within timeline.
- Providing coaching to subordinates and help them to develop, improve the overall capabilities of the team members and establish high performing team with positivity.
- Work with Workforce Management, Recruitment and Operations Training to arrange new employee orientation plan according to the new employee onboarding trend (including third party employees)
- Work with US Disney University and Human Resources Department in Shanghai Disney Resort to optimize and upgrade new employee orientation content and delivery approach.
- Coach team and assist handling all kind of issues that happen during the new employee orientation
- Conduct annual Tradition Training trainer recruitment and Train the Trainer program to ensure training quality
- Host regular team building events and learning & development activities to enhance engagement of internal trainers, mutual support spirit and the trainer’s teaching skills
- Manage the portfolio of Disney Culture and Heritage Program to promote Disney culture in Shanghai Disney Resort, including Disney Brand Management training series, related programs of heritage knowledge promotion
- Collaborate with Leadership Training Development team to integrate Disney culture and heritage related content into the leadership training portfolio
- Able to teach all related trainings and related portions in Learning & Development program that are within the scope of Disney culture and heritage
- Able to design related learning and development programs that support the Human Resources strategy and organization strategy in Shanghai Disney Resort
- Define the program plan and execution details, manage program progress and guide internal and/or cross-team collaboration to achieve desired goals
- Manage the Disney University training room resources, able to maximize the utilization effectiveness through arranging all related trainings and meeting reasonably.
- Work with Information Technology team to maintain all the electronic and projection devices in Disney University training rooms, purchase devices regularly to meet the training requirement.
- Oversee the material purchase and management in Disney University
- Bachelor’s degree and above
- At least 6-8 years of progressive experience in culture building, training, learning and development, organizational development, and/or team development.
- Passionate about Disney Brand and its culture, willing to devote yourself into promoting Disney Brand and spirit
- Able to proactively collaborate with others
- Ability to be flexible and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills and have related experience to manage complex projects.
- Understanding and experience applying a variety of development approaches that span formal training, relationship-based, and experience-based development (70-20-10 model of development).
- Ability to facilitate assigned content and agendas, adapting approach and style to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later