Already applied?View Dashboard
Learning and Development Senior SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525849BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 15, 2018
Job Summary:The Learning and Development Specialist’s main responsibilities span the areas of learning strategy, client consulting, and facilitation/operational aspects. The role is responsible for consulting with clients (HR Business Partners and business leaders) to provide learning and development solutions that align to business strategy and drive organizational improvement for teams, business units, and individuals.
1. Maintain a high level of understanding and knowledge of client’s business strategies; support these strategies by developing comprehensive learning and development plans that are in alignment with the client’s goals and objectives.
1. Understand and measure organizational readiness for comprehensive learning and development strategies within the client’s business area.
2. Conduct needs analysis, identify performance gaps, and provide appropriate recommendations for learning solutions.
3. Guide HR Business Partner and other key partners in understanding the learning progression, and help them appreciate and support the 70/20/10 model of development.
Facilitation and Operational Aspects
1. Identify and organize Disney University resources needed to support work.
2. Lead and project manage the development and implementation of learning strategies.
3. Design and provide additional tools and resources that support development beyond formal training
4. Facilitate appropriate content in the subject area assigned by the Leadership Team. At a minimum, the essential responsibilities of facilitation include:
- Maintain an active knowledge of the subjects taught and stimulate enthusiasm for those subjects;
- Understand and utilize various participant learning styles in order to facilitate the best teaching and learning situations;
- Maximize the learning opportunities for each participant;
- Plan each class, both as to content and method, to make each class minute meaningful and relevant to the audience;
- Demonstrate a genuine concern for each participant’s learning environment;
- Maintain a high level of expertise on Disney University’s products and services.
Basic Qualifications:1. Proven learning and development consulting with clients (needs analysis, proposal development, solution implementation) and adjusting content to meet the needs of the learners.
2. Demonstrated good project management skills
3. Proven experience working with various levels of leadership
4. Ability to facilitate content and/or agendas, adapting approach and style to a variety of audiences
5. Good partnering skills
6. Demonstrated good understanding of leadership
7. Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
8. Demonstrated good English written and verbal skills
Preferred Qualifications:1. About 5-year experience in a large company setting of learning and development or performance consulting
2. About 5 years of experience in performance consulting, training, learning and development, organizational development, and/or team development
3. Knowledge in training and development models, adult learning theory or instructional design
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.