Already applied?View Dashboard
Maintenance Planning SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 583142BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
Responsibilities:Provide detailed planning, scheduling, and materials control to support Facilities and Operations Services (FOS).Plan, organize, monitor and analyze maintenance operations to provide safe, economical and effective use of labor, material and equipment. Provide project planning support for various rehabs and initiatives.Coordinate operational tools / equipment purchasing, delivery and distribution based on the various disciplines requirement during pre-opening period.
- Develop detailed job plans
- Develop level loaded project and labor schedules
- Develop project planning packages (scope, materials, timeline) with limited guidance and direction
- Forecast and estimate required resources (scope, duration, craft, shift, and planned labor) for all assigned work
- Follow all required policy and procedures to ensure commitment to the safety of all Guests and Cast Members
- Present recommendations to customers and peers
- Proficiently perform planning and/or scheduling duties
- Review drawings and understand basic requirements
- Translate management, engineering, and craft communication into work instructions and job plans, BOM's
- Ensure material for work orders is procured in a timely manner by submitting the appropriate PO request, associating the work order to the purchase order, and following-up to ensure material is received before work commences
- Interact with materials personnel to address any inventory-related issues
- Communicate with stakeholders (both internal and external) during the planning and scheduling process in order to ensure resources have been forecasted and estimated as accurately as possible
- Maintain the accuracy of all preventive maintenance work
- University graduate with major in mechanical, electrical, architecture or automation, preferably graduate from SHDR internship program
- College graduate plus 2 years work experience or vocational school plus 5 years work experience
- Available to work Sunday through Saturday, public holidays, all shifts (i.e., 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) as deemed required by management
- Communication/Teamwork Skills -- Planners should be able to communicate and partner with Operations, Engineering Services, Warehouse, Safety, and other departments that may be involved in a specific job; this will require a high caliber of teamwork and coordination
- Negotiation Skills -- In many situations, where differences occur, the planner should be able to intervene within a specific authority level to resolve those conflicts in a way that makes the work run smoothly without affecting the production and maintenance targets
- Time Management Skills -- Working between site visits and the office, planning multiple jobs with different priorities, and handling some coordination issues requires effective time utilization and management
- Meeting Management Skills -- Preparing and conducting weekly and monthly scheduling meetings; these skills will be of high value to the business
- Innovation and Creativity -- Planners must be able to think outside of the box in order to develop appropriate solutions to challenging projects and planning issues
- Influencing -- Planners must be able to positively influence other Stakeholders in order to build consensus and encourage collaboration
- Decision Making -- Planners must possess sound decision making skills in order to evaluate and choose possible solutions for each job planned
- Assertiveness -- Planners must be able to be assertive without being offensive to other Stakeholders
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.