Already applied?View Dashboard
Management Trainee, Food and BeverageApply NowApply Later Job ID 773562BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Feb. 03, 2021
- You will participate in all parts of job training and pass the relevant assessments according to the training plan;
- You will need to complete cross-position and cross-department training;
- You are responsible for reflecting your own learning achievements and communicate with your mentor regularly;
- You will complete work under the supervision of a mentor, implementing the standards set out in the operating guideline, communicating with the chef and manager, and delivering guests’ comments;
- You will need to communicate with fellow Cast Members, encourage fellow Cast Members, and support their personal development, conduct effective shift briefings to ensure all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials and upselling products;
- You need to supervise team members to carry out their jobs. Oversee the implementation of standards as detailed in the Operation Guide. Share guests’ recommendations and comments to the Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to reflect current customer preference;
- You will need to supervise and keep track of the maintenance of the restaurants to ensure a good show quality;
- You will be responsible for profit and loss management, focus on inventory management and loss prevention, control costs and expenses, and explore business opportunities through data analysis;You will need to support and execute innovation, supervise its effect on Cast Members andguests, and constantly improve the procedure;
- You will need to regard safety as the top priority at all the times. Ensure fellow Cast Members and guests are in a safe and well-controlled environment;
- You will need to communicate with other lines of business and work closely with Park and Resort Operations;
- You will have the opportunity to train and motivate a follow-on team to deliver the Disney Magic experience to guests.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, fluent in Mandarin and English (written and verbal);
- Possess knowledge of food and beverage, have basic beverage management skills, or have internship or work experience in a similar occupation.
- Have knowledge in food and beverage sanitation, inventory control, business processes and visitor control regulations.
- Be willing to work in the food and beverage retail industry, adapt to shift work, and be able to withstand high intensity work pressure and a fast pace of work.
- Good execution and some commercial awareness, working proactively with a strong willingness and ability to learn and adapt to challenges.
- Optimistic and positive, good at communicating with people.
- Have the ability to think creatively, and organize events.
- Proficiency in operating Windows computer systems, master in software and systems skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, SAP, etc.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.