Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Manager, Accounting and ReportingApply NowApply Later Job ID 773228BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 29, 2021
As part ofregional controllership team, the role is expected to have a strongunderstanding the business (including commercial, interpretation of businessevents), developing / implementing governance and process framework foraccurately recording and reporting for the business (including managementaccounting) and its operating results that comply with USGAAP / internal policyrequirements. The role also requires strong analytical and review skills.
The role isalso responsible to adjust the USGAAP results to each of the local GAAPs inAsia Pacific Region to comply with each country/region’s local statutoryrequirements including coordinate and support external auditors to concludeaudit of the legal entities in Asia Pacific Region.
The rolerequires a strong understanding of taxation principles (both direct taxes andindirect taxes) and legal principles (especially contract law and IntellectualProperty Rights). The person will partner with in house tax team and legal teamson technical matters to ensure the tax requirements and local statutorycompliances are met.
The role alsorequires a strong understanding of ERP systems (SAP).
The rolerequires a strong process orientation and ability to operate in a matrixorganization
The role isresponsible to maintain the internal controls which impact financialcompliance, coordinate with management audit team for internal audits.
The roleneeds exceptionally strong leadership skills, communication skills and abilityto work in a cross cultural environment. The role is expected to have regularand independent communication with senior management, peers in finance andother functions / business. The role will lead a team with strong ability toCoach, mentor and guide the team members for the responsible areas. The roleshould be able to create a strong leadership pipeline
To sum up theperson in the role is expected to have a strong:
Functional knowledge in finance,accounting and reporting & tax.
Leader with an ability to challengethe constant and manage change in a dynamic and continuously evolvingenvironment
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for DPEP line of business across 4 to 5 geographies
- Controllership responsibility for 1 or 2 countries
- Therefore, the above 2 responsibilities will be a matrix
- Lead the team to prepare and /or support preparation of statutory / management financial reports under each local GAAP / US GAAP
- Coordinate and support internal and external audit processes (including quarterly reviews and year end US GAAP audits, APAC country statutory audits and SOX compliance)
- Work closely with auditors to finalize and agree upon audited statutory accounts for APAC legal entities
- Work closely with corporate tax team for tax filing / tax compliances and transfer pricing requests
- Managing and engaging the team members that will effectively support above responsibilities
- Maintain a collaborative environment across functions
- Projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
- CPA or equivalent – Preferable
- Solid Knowledge of both USGAAP and IFRS
- Written and verbal English fluency
- Experience in working with both Big 4 audit firms and multinational company, preferred in a regional role
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial and management reporting deliverables
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring financial controls
- Experience in leading teams
- Strong understanding of compliance implications and controls impacting business areas
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time delivery of effective solutions
- Decision-making in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive enthusiasm and to inspire teamwork with a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated strong negotiating, mentoring, influencing, organizational, planning and partnership skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on organizational mission and values
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.