Manager, APAC CreditApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730359BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
This specific role for the Credit Manager will be to oversee the credit risk management and strategies in support of the various business areas of Disney located in countries in the Asia Pacific region. In this capacity, she/he will be responsible for the credit granting process for many of business areas in Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Direct-to-Consumer & International, and Parks, Experiences & Products. As the leader of the team, she/he will also be responsible for the growth and development of employees, building relationships with various people across the company and externally, and escalating issues to senior management and executives across the enterprise.The successful candidate would be an organizationally savvy leader with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and influence people across functions and across organizations in order to raise awareness about the value of an effective credit management strategy that ensures the best outcome when informed business decisions are made.
- Reviews and approves Credit Reviews and Credit recommendations within authorized level of approval
- Participates/leads calls with business leaders and/or customers
- Negotiates, maintains, and administers security instruments
- Collaborates with business leaders and/or appropriate executives to assist with crafting credit risk mitigation strategies, and development of control documents.
- Meet with customers and business leaders, to discuss risk mitigation, which could include Letters of Credit, guarantees, securitization, and/or deal and payment structure
- Maintain credit policies and procedures and recommend enhancements or modifications as appropriate
- Communicates process changes to Disney businesses to Corporate Credit & Collection team members to ensures efficient and effective processes
- Ensure compliance with organization budgetary guidelines
- Provide leadership and guidance on goal setting, performance management, talent planning, training, and hiring
- Ensure the Credit Team performs as a world class organization with the maximum degree of autonomy and accountability
- Fosters a team environment of empowerment and trust
- Leads in the development and implementation of new technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops business cases and oversee project plans in support of systems changes or business initiatives
- Leads the team to ensure the issuance of monthly and quarterly reports, reserve recommendations, Global Exposure Report, as well as the preparation of credit portfolio reports
- Ability to articulate complex issues and tailor messages to the audience
- Credit risk analysis for large / complex vendors
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends, economic conditions, and credit markets
- Communicates with Finance, Sales, Operations, Contracts Administrations, Accounting and Controllership on matters of considerable complexity or sensitivity
- Prepares and presents Executive presentations
Basic Qualifications:Bachelor’s in finance, accounting, economics or business
5+ years of commercial credit management experience
Experienced credit professional from a financial institution or commercial bank
Experienced professional that has managed a team
Advanced credit analysis; Strong oral and written communication skills
Proficiency in verbal and written English
Preferred Qualifications:Business Expertise
- Strong understanding of bankruptcy/insolvency law
- Strong knowledge of Letters of Credit and forms of security
- Influences and may develop and enhance credit strategy
- Credit experience with a large company with a large diverse customer base
- Broad knowledge of various business models across a multitude of industries
- Knowledge of business systems
- and systematic credit tools
- Strong knowledge of letters of credit and other forms of collateral
- Manages a generally homogeneous team
- Adapts plans and priorities to meet service agreements, operational needs, and business goals and objectives
- Leads and contributes to projects
- Completes complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
- Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Independently selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Critically reviews information, thinks through structure and analysis with its component parts including business impacts identifying gaps and solutions
- Advises on and handles escalated issues for staff and department
- Identifies and resolves technical and operational issues
- Interprets internal and external practices to improve and make recommendations on process efficiencies
- Collaborates and solves problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provideinitial screening/negotiations.
- Engages with senior internal and external personnel and leadership
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.