Manager, Comms & Public Affairs, CPGP, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 772149BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 18, 2021
o Work closely with the Executive Director, CPGP, APAC to help develop and execute strategic, fully integrated communication plans to support the CPGP business, across the region
o Help coordinate and implement integrated Comms /PR plans with Corp Comms teams in APAC that protect and enhance the reputation of the CPGP business.
o Crisis and issues management support
o Support internal comms across APAC in concert with Corp Comms teams, with a focus on continuous improvement to quickly and effectively deliver accurate and timely information to key CPC stakeholders
o Work with Corp Comms in APAC to drive CSR programs that enhance the CPGP business and garner staff engagement
o Liaise with APAC CPGP teams and seek synergy opportunities across the region in order to make communication efforts as efficient and effective as possible
o Draft APAC press releases, seek out speaking engagements and draft briefings for regional executive
o Special projects, as assigned by Executive Director
o Help ID and deepen relationships with key regional media
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications / other skills
• A university graduate with a minimum of 5-7 years of communications experience either in house or at an agency
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
• Crisis communications experience
• Demonstrated creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concern
• Disciplined organizational skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture relationships with top-tier national and international media
• Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment
• Strong interpersonal skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally
• Proactive, self-starter
• High level of corporate professionalism, maturity, and political savvy
• Proven ability to maintain confidential information
Other requisites, languages
• Fluency in English
• Bi-lingual proficiency ideal but not required (Cantonese, Mandarin or Japanese)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.