Manager, Content SalesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735364BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 21, 2020
- Distribution of the entire Disney digital content portfolio in assigned market.
- Digital licensing business model and analysis establishment and responsible for deliverables. To service both internal and external clients.
- Build and cultivate key relationships with various media networks, focusing on new media operators to advance business goals and ensure Content Sales’ Branded/non Branded digital offering position with customers.
- Working closely with the Director of Content Sales’ in building a sales strategy
- Drive results for the markets with fiscal responsibility and effective management of sales budgets and the financial planning process as outlined by Content Sales’ management.
- Communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, including the preparation and presentation of timely and accurate information for management (including internal presentations).
- Think strategically and develop plans for new business models and deal renewals across new platforms for digital media distribution. This includes New Media platform (mobile, broadband, OTT, IPTV, Digital Cable), and business model such as VOD (Video on Demand), SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand) and other new model and opportunity may become feasible.
- Proactively involved in building an environment that encourages and generates ideas to improve performance as a whole team
- preferably be working in the TV media/digital media distribution or acquisition business
- have a strong concept of deal structures and media contracts
- have a strong analytical and financial aptitude
- have new media ad/sponsorship sales knowledge ( ideally from 4A account team with digital media specialty , or from major leading digital media platform in mainland China)
- First class track record in operational and commercially focused roles within online media partner-facing, international companies /or digital platforms
- Ideally experienced in the entertainment and / or media sectors in Asia with exposure to US Studios
- Charismatic, intelligent with entrepreneurial zeal and the ability to work in a lean, driven environment
- Excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to work with peers with a command over English language
- Personally credible and authoritative, able to provide leadership to a young team and to give confidence across the organization internationally
- Excellent PC skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other applications
- Fluent in Mandarin is MUST
- At least 5 yrs. core experience in the media industry or preferably TV industry/digital media
- Financial modeling and business analysis acumen
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.