Manager, Digital Product Design
Shanghai, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID 785975BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Job Summary:As a Manager of Digital Product Design at Shanghai Disney Resort, you will report to the Director of Digital Product Management. You will be responsible for partnering with Shanghai Disney Resort leadership and stakeholders to define and execute the overall digital design strategy for Shanghai Disney Resort. You will be responsible for identifying emerging trends and proposing initiatives to capitalize on digital opportunities.
Manager of Digital Product Design is accountable for digital design of all digital products at Shanghai Disney Resort.
Manager of Digital Product Design will collaborate with global digital design team to define design guidelines and to adapt the parks and resorts digital design strategy for Shanghai Disney Resort. You will have both a core understanding of product design and delivering with respect to online and mobile software development, and a deep understanding of the consumer behavior in Mainland China and across Asia.
You will be leading the design work and daily operations of digital products including Shanghai Disney Resort’s official app and website, official WeChat public account and mini programs, and 3rd-party platforms. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with Product Management, Production, Engineering, Operations, Analytics, Marketing and Executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities. You should be equipped with a skilled expertise in the areas of interaction design and visual design for digital user experience. As a leader of the Digital Product Design team, you will lead a group of designers to convert business and consumer needs to user insights, to layout information architecture and user flow and interaction, and to produce aesthetic user-interface design that are meaningful and inspirational to the end users.
- You will define and deliver digital product design strategies and UX throughout the product lifecycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables, for overall success of Shanghai Disney Resort’s digital portfolio;
- You will manage the development pipeline and team priorities, across all disciplines, by helping ensure all teams understand Shanghai Disney Resort’s vision and strategy in context with the relevant priorities;
- You will be responsible for understanding digital design technology and travel and leisure tourism within the Asia Pacific region, and the needs and challenges of developing digital experiences for diverse, multi-lingual users;
- You will be responsible for correlating extremely complex inputs for multiple large mobile product lines to create and deliver a product design definition, roadmap and vision, while ensuring internal and external team alignment and understanding;
- You will manage a team of Cast Members, contractors, and external partners, with responsibilities for team’s growth and coach, resource allocation, task prioritization, work processes and procedures;
- You will ensure high standards of usability, consistency, and clarity in design works;
- You will drive innovative experiences and challenge the status quo to provide users better digital experience;
- You will be responsible for producing layouts and user interface elements, and deliver design specifications and documentation;
- You will use data to inform the design and work with research partners to understand and interpret user feedbacks.
- A Bachelor degree or above in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related fields；
- Have minimum of 10 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment on digital consumer products for mass audiences and with 3+ years’ experience in a people management role;
- Proven experience in digital design portfolio in building and shipping mobile products in China or APAC region;
- Experience in product management, software programming, or e-commerce is a plus;
- Demonstrated excellence in typography, interaction design, visual design, information architecture, and strong understanding of UX design principles;
- Familiar with managing mobile user experience, design thinking process, core design tools, and familiarity with web and app technologies and agile methodology;
- Deep experience in creating detailed page and module level specifications, end effectively engaging with product managers and engineers;
- Excellent analytical capabilities and effective problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities and have time management skills;
- Demonstrated teamwork spirit with excellent communications and organizational skills, and have the ability to listen, convince and collaborate in a cross-functional environment;
- Deep knowledge of Chinese and APAC markets as well as mobile and internet trends;
- Passionate about the digital design, technologies, mobile, internet, and e-commerce;
- Strong writing, presentation, and oral communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.