Manager, Distribution MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 865224BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
The implementation of distribution marketing strategies requires strategic mindset that support sales distribution channels and integrated communications plans for travel industry, other 3rd party sales channels, and integrated platforms. The function aims to achieve business growth for the channels and the following highlights the importance of the Manager, Distribution Marketing role.
- Handle a huge volume of business-to-consumer campaigns through collaboration with travel agents, integrated platforms from different source markets in various formats, from coop advertising to business-to-consumer trade promotions and travel fairs. The team handles insertions and hundreds of trade events and promotions annually with each creative piece verified by the team from media planning to execution to ensure the communication is cost effective and up to Disney standard from IP right adaptation, brand integrity to messaging
- Manage complex and multi-dimensional tri-party negotiations at which the company does not have full control due to the cost-sharing model in the partnership. As partners often have their own requirements on promotion tactics, product components, media selection, creative design and messaging, etc., Distribution Marketing has to be creative in striking for a win-win solution to cater trade requirements yet safeguarding the Company’s interest such as brand integrity
- Manage the marketing budget with the goal of driving business growth. Formulate and execute cost effective trade and consumer promotions, trade education and communications programs; plan and develop sales tools; liaise with trade media for PR and trade advertising for awareness; plan and organize trade events and sales tools that enhance the understanding of Shanghai Disney Resort products, developments and positioning
- Plan and drive brand building campaigns and sales programs for Business Solution and Events, In-Market and Youth channels.
- To lead the team that create and innovate distribution marketing plans that help to deliver established goals in partnership with sales channel leaders;
- To develop and manage the annual operating plan including annual budget planning and implementation and contribute to the distribution marketing part of the five year plan in alignment with the overall sales targets and budget of the Sales and Distribution Marketing teams;
- To manage and execute a high volume of marketing projects and programs in partnership with key travel trade and other 3rd party distributors, including integrated platforms;
- To actively participate in the concept ideation and strategic development process for a range of channel initiatives and reinforce integration strategies in alignment with Marketing team by supporting key initiatives, which includes creative development (in partnership with agencies), distribution marketing programs, and integrated platforms channel distribution strategies and projects;
- To collaborate with internal and external departments, which requires interaction with leadership at all levels;
- To exhibit strong project management skills, and to balance analytical capability with creative and business savvy to deliver results.
- Minimum of 10-year experience in marketing leadership role, including brand strategy and creative development;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and proficiency in evaluating research to inform the creation of actionable strategies;
- Proven ability to lead, develop, and nurture high potential Cast, with a focus on execution and exceeding expectations;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels, champion change, and serve as a thought leader;
- Proven experience in strategic planning and project management;
- Some years of experience working with data and analytics platforms and tools in particular customer data platform, consumer insight analysis is a plus;
- Constant checking on status quo and strong desire to push boundaries to drive growth;
- The ability to work effectively within a matrixed functional organization in partnership with key business partners, internal and external;
- Cross-organizational collaboration with ability to influence;
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese, including solid presentation skills.
Additional Information:We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – welcome and entertain millions of guests each year from across the country and around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all newly-hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their onboarding dates.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.