Manager, Finance (Studio APAC) – ChinaApply NowApply Later Job ID 762888BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 02, 2020
In collaboration with the rest of the Studio APAC Finance team as well as with local Studio teams, the position will provide financial and strategic support as part of the Company’s key processes (Five-year Plan, AOP, Forecast and quarterly accounting close).
Responsibilities:Financial Planning & Analysis
- Overall, build a solid working relationship with local Studio business teams (for territories in charge) and get a deep understanding of local theatrical market specificities, in order to be able to explain financials for the territories in charge; become a daily forecasting business partner for the local Studio teams.
- Full responsibility for preparing, submitting and explaining quarterly Theatrical Forecasts for territory (ies) in charge (4 Forecasts per year, second month of each quarter per year), as well as mini-Forecasts (3 per year, first month of each quarter) – to internal stakeholders in Shanghai. Preparation of decks and presentations when required.
- Full responsibility for preparing and submitting the annual Theatrical Five-year Plan (every year), and annual Theatrical AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for territory (ies) in charge– and in charge of follow-ups and additional analysis/requests from all internal stakeholders.
- The position might also provide Finance support to local initiatives when needed, at local Studio teams’ or at APAC Regional teams’ request.
- At each quarter close, in close partnership with our APAC Controllership center (ASC) and APAC Credit & Collections team, preparation and review of accruals related to the Theatrical business for territory (ies) in charge. Preparation of Cause of Change schedules (actuals vs Forecast) and related deliverables.
Projects and Other
- Participation to any project, presentation, analysis or data request related to Studio China/APAC businesses.
- Proactive lead of improvement of processes, new tools adoption for constantly increased efficiency
- Degree in Business or Finance/Accounting
- 8+ years working experience in related area, a mixed experience in Big 4 and multinational companies working experience is preferred
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Possesses strong knowledge of US GAAP (PRC GAAP a plus)
- Strong interest for Media & Entertainment industry, and theatrical distribution
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization including executives
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving, decision making and continuous process improvement skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel/PPT knowledge
- Experience working with SAP a plus
- Fluency in English (Mandarin a plus but not necessary)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.