Manager, HR Business Partner
Shanghai, Mainland China
As an HR Business Partner, you will add value to Disney Consumer Products business by working closely with leaders and internal HR Centers of Excellence teams to develop people strategies and tactics for continuous organizational efficiency improvement; talent acquisition and rentention; team capability building; performance management; culture and engagement according to the short, mid and longterm business development needs. You will also act as internal champion for Employee Relations programs including gievance handling, Cast Member complaints, standards of conduct, labor disputes administration as well as activiies to enhance Cast Member relations.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Good listener
- Socially conscious
- Relationship expertise
Job Summary:Manager, HR Business Partner is responsible for driving and implementing the overall people strategy for the client groups. This position will lead a team of HR Business Partners, providing the direction, guidance and coaching to the team on a daily basis.
- Assist the Director, Human Resources directly with planning, directing and delivering corporate and customized Human Resources services in support of the organizations objectives to dedicated client groups
- Diagnose organization issues, proactively provide consultation to senior leadership and recommend Human Resources strategic solutions
- Lead the HR Business Partner team to improve client groups’ organizational effectiveness with focus on leadership development, talent management, succession planning, change management and organization design
- Lead and drive Human Resources project across Shanghai Disney Resort to help address business challenges
- Optimize people related process through facilitating the discussion and alignment among related partners
- Collaborates with business clients and the broader Human Resources organization to ensure a unified HR delivery approach.
- Provide guidance to business unit managers and development of strategies/recommendations to improve Cast Member satisfaction, support career development and align with Shanghai Disney Resort culture.
- Work closely with Shanghai Disney Resort other Human Resources functions and related partners on various projects and initiatives.
- Estimate the employee relations risk and work closely with Employee Relations team to address complex issues
- 10+ years working experience in Human Resources function with in-depth knowledge in Organization Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development and Human Resources Functional knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders and team members, and to inspire thinking and drive results; proven experience leading and developing a team.
- Strong capability to build partnership with stakeholders and drive collaboration among partners
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication in Mandarin and English.
- Demonstrated strong sense of initiative and urgency, with the ability to follow up on outstanding matters efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflicts and overcome challenging situations
- Ability to exemplify the values of the Disneyland Resort and share those values with clients and guests.
- Ability to partner and interact with Cast Members at all levels within the Disneyland Resort.
- Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing work environment -- ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here.