Manager, Licensed PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 916243BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
Digital and Learning product manager will provid licensees with day-to-day support about branding, art, editorial, assets and approval they need for product development, and monitor efficient project execution to ensure timely product release
- Work with category manager and licensees to define right product strategies for Digital and Learning based on deep understand of consumer behavior evolution and trend in Digital and Learning market, partner ecosystems and competitive strategies, and ensure category team is fully engaged, informed and aligned
- Act as a Digital and Learning/curriculum expert to develop requirements and roadmap for Digital and Learning products
- Manage licensees’ product development to ensure all learning/curriculum objetives are met, content is engaging and age-appropriate.
- Build ongoing development and improvements of Digital and Learning products aiming at enhancing consumers' experience
- Facilitate approvals on submissions and assets for Digital and Learning products, supporting licensees with publishing plan approvals and providing them with all of the necessary information about branding, art, and editorial they need to create Disney/Pixar, Lucas, Marvel and Nat Geo products.
- Track and assort new DPW content/assets to ensure catgory team and licensees are fully informed and aligned on all products efforts
- Bachelor degree or above required
- 8-10 year strong product development experience in education/learning industry, preferably with digital learning products
- Strategic problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Highly organized with an excellent attention to detail
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.