Manager, Marketing Content, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 862802BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
Responsibilities:A key member of the team Regional Marketing team, the Marketing Content Manager will be managing all marketing creative developments for local initiatives as well as any Regional or Global projects as required.
He/she will be the primary point of contact for the marketing and business teams in China.
He/She will manage his/her team and agencies to ensure creative deliverables are on brand, consistent and of high-quality across all aspects of marketing. This includes idea generation, illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy when required. It is critical that this person uses their keen eye for detail, strong time-keeping and project management to deliver professional, creative and high-quality work for the APAC Marketing team. He/She will be part of the team to pioneer uniquely branded Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars + 20th Century Studios + National Geographic marketing initiatives.
Projects will range from short term, quick turnaround tasks, to much larger projects which may take many months and have many revisions. Projects may cover sell-in/pitch decks, design direction deck, marketing toolkits, including power point/key note presentations, merchandise/retail mock ups, retail event layout, online content/media, marketing collaterals. This person will be experienced in working on multiple projects in parallel, and will be a self-starter, ideally with a marketing creative background.
The Marketing Content Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies through conceptualisation
- Ideate and develop designs for offline and online retail experiences and on-ground activation; using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time, when needed.
- Set over-all design direction and flow of sell-in pitches and presentations to retailers with his/her team
- Demonstrate illustrative skills from rough sketches, mock-up rendering, to production and implementation
- Utilizes the vision, creativity and working knowledge to help identify new ways to integrate the goals of Disney and brands
- Work closely with her/his team to support the marketing teams with pitch kits – concept ideas, mood boards, thought starters, design direction
- Lead and oversee all marketing creative projects in China - create, localize, and execute brand-centric marketing visuals and supporting assets for retailers (such as: in-store concepts, promotional communication, flyers, POS material, social media assets, and online visuals)
- Lead meetings to present creative ideas/pitch to key stakeholders
- Set creative agency briefings and on-boarding for external partners and creative agencies
- Build working relationships with all APAC marketing leads and teams
- Work alongside key stakeholders to ensure we are strategically driving key deliverables which are on brief and delivering best in class campaigns – Product Development, Marketing Creative, Consumer Products, Publishing and Games.
- Review creative materials submitted by stakeholders, external partners and creative agencies, troubleshoot and provide feedback
- Ensure all visual communication and brand standards are met
- Monitor deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Guide and mentor freelancers/interns/subordinates
- Stay abreast of changes in the international marketing environment to best serve the company’s objective and adjust plans/designs accordingly
- Manage and cultivate the career development of team members
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial/Product or Visual/Graphic design or a related field
- Must have design, graphic and/or media experience – 5 years
- Ideally with a creative background in advertising agency or home entertainment company
- Strong portfolio showcasing creative experience
- Proficiency in industry-standard programs and software Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic editing/design software
- Able to conceptualize, visualise, design, and render in 3D
(Knowledge/exposure to SketchUp, KeyShot or any 3D design software is an advantage)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Keynote for Mac
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Able to edit multimedia - digital and motion graphics is also an advantage
- Excellent skills in developing creative and innovative ideas and executing them in graphic format
- Exceptional eye for detail and passion for the Disney portfolio and other brand-related activities
- Equipped with excellent project management, analytic skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Up to date with current marketing trends in design, digital, consumer products, and brand experiences
- Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to effectively convey ideas to colleagues and business partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.