Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Media FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715831BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 31, 2019
In close partnership with our GM of Media for China, the position will provide financial and strategic analysis support to the China Media team. It will be the key contact point for internal Finance and Controllership stakeholders in North Asia and APAC.
In addition to leading financial processes for TWDC China Media business (Five-Year Plan, AOP, Forecast and quarterly accounting close), the position will also be responsible for overseeing production finance for local production
The position is a key component of the Greater China Finance group, therefore requires accomplished professional experience, passion about delivering a quality product, desire to learn and grow, and ability to collaborate, communicate and interact creatively with other Finance teams, in China, APAC and in the US. It also includes mentoring and developing staff to strengthen the team and prepare for the future.
Responsibilities:Financial Planning & Analysis
• Full responsibility for preparing, submitting and explaining quarterly Forecasts for China Media(4 per year, second month of each quarter), as well as mini-Forecasts (3 per year, first month of each quarter) – to all internal stakeholders: North Asia, India, Burbank (US), for three key business areas. Preparation of decks and presentation to APAC leadership or Burbank teams when required.
• Full responsibility for preparing and submitting the annual Five-year Plan (every year), and annual AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for China Media – and in charge of follow-ups and additional analysis/requests from all internal stakeholders.
• At each quarter close, in close partnership with our APAC Controllership center (ASC), preparation and review of accruals related to the Media business; preparation of Cause of Change schedules (actuals vs Forecast) presented to Greater China CFO in quarterly Close review meeting.
• As needed, the role might also include supporting Media related Finance projects across APAC.
• Oversight of Production budgets and Cost Reports, inclusive of any tax incentive submissions, cash flows and foreign currency needs,
- Work closely with Chinese Production Partner’s finance team to incorporate all relevant costs incurred
- Communicating financial impact of production plan changes to management and alert management of such variances in a timely manner
- Oversees the finance “wrap” of the productions once the post process is complete and all associated costs are captured.
• Oversee any future production accountants, full-time or contract.
Basic Qualifications:• Degree in Business or Finance/Accounting
• 10+ years working experience in related area, a mixed experience in Big 4 and multinational companies working experience is preferred
• MBA or CPA a plus
• Possesses strong knowledge of US GAAP and PRC GAAP
• Strong interest for Media & Entertainment industry – any work experience in TV/ film production preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization including executives
• Strong leadership and partnering skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving, decision making and continuous process improvement skills
• Embrace working in a highly collaborative environment
• Strong work ethic
• Strong computer skills including advanced Excel/PPT knowledge
• Bilingual or native speaking proficiency in English and Mandarin required.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later