Manager, North China Regional SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 867140BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 10, 2021
Reporting to Senior Manager, Regional Sales Offices - Other China (OC), this role is instrumental to the sustainable business growth from contracted distribution partners within the region, and other non-contracted distributors, who altogether contribute a significant portion of SHDR attendance and room night production. The team of four+ that the jobholder manages can be extremely dynamic, with team members positioning in all key source markets in the Beijing and North-East China regions.
You are responsible to lead the Beijing team to achieve the stated KPI(s) including admission, room nights, trade marketing activities as well as other related indicators for Beijing and North-East China markets. The role involves fostering relationship and optimizing the travel trade partners.
The candidate must have the ability to analyze and advise the Senior Manager, Regional Sales –OC, and work closely with the Integrated Platforms, Marketing, and Revenue Management & Analytics to develop market specific Marketing & Sales campaigns that drive conversion rate.
The Manager, North China and his/her team have to make recommendations to terminate non-productive accounts and establish new partnerships with emerging players. Expectations includes sales driven, strong account management responsibilities and business partner management experience and influencing skills.
You will also task to develop and execute the North-East China region engagement strategy. Working closely with Senior Manager, Regional Sales Office - OC, the jobholder will need to identify the latest trends on Beijing and North-East China regions, to drive the travel trade and Integrated Platforms channels optimization strategy to ensure that our third-party channel development matches the needs of the evolving Chinese consumer behavior. Frequent guidance and mentorship of team members are expected, in tracking progress updates and project deliverables.
- Responsible for the Beijing and North-East China region strategies and implementation/execution of plans to achieve annual business goals.
- Conduct business presentations and reviews to demonstrate strategy and vision to the company, with the objective to achieve Beijing and North-East China Travel Trade and a portion of eCommerce Sales targets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional LOBs including Revenue Management & Analytics, Marketing, and Integrated Platforms to develop effective Travel Trade strategies (product/offer/platform) in Beijing and North-East China markets.
- Develop, plan and drive tactical promotions execution, travel fair tactics or advertising campaigns with key Travel Trade partners, to maximize revenue and exposure from all key markets.
- Identify the appropriate timing for promotion to maximize effectiveness in reaching sales targets.
- Critically assess and allocate resources (i.e. co-op marketing budget) for each individual account under Travel Trade with an objective to assure cost effectiveness to yield and best return (quantified in attendance, room-nights and promotion exposure).
- Business Expertise:
- Deep understanding of the travel and tourism industry and OTA market landscape in China is necessary.
- Knowledge and/or experience in China Travel Trade and OTA strategy planning, execution and China OTA platform operations.
- Strong sales savvy and strong negotiation skills in order to facilitate and deliver business deals that maximize SHDR’s marketing exposure and commercial value gains.
- Familiarity with China Travel Trade, both online and offline, OTA, and eCommerce Sales in the lifestyle platforms.
- Problem Solving
- Nature & Area of Impact
- Interactions / Interpersonal Skills
- Strong commercial, project planning, budget management, presentation, leadership and team management skills.
- Good liaison skills for business development and building partnerships (internal and external).
- Ability to develop business cases and use research and data to identify business opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and sensitive to relationship building.
- Ability to drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal responsibility.
- Solid knowledge of China Travel Trade industry, both online and offline, and Integrated Platforms.
- Decision Making
Additional Information:We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – welcome and entertain millions of guests each year from across the country and around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all newly-hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their onboarding dates.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.