Manager, Operations, ShopDisneyApply NowApply Later Job ID 792443BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 26, 2021
The Ecommerce Manager role will lead the E-Commerce Strategy and team for Disney Consumer Products & The Disney Store, and have a primarily B2B & B2C & vertical ecommerce buisness focus to ensure the Consumer Experience, Brand Distribution, and Profit Capture with each of the internal and external partners with whom Disney operates. Support the Executive Director & GM to build e-com team, ensure Consumer-facing implementation exceeds customers, partners, and guests expectations.
- Lead the DCP e-commerce team and be responsible for P&L of vertical Ecommerce business
- Establish an actionable and measurable TWDC ecommerce activation strategy to support and (where appropriate) lead the way for all Consumer Products, Contents and Services on all online platforms
- Partner with GCK and APAC regional EC team to define the e-commerce vision and create a plan to achieve a consistent Disney look and feel which is appropriate on the digital platform ensuring a convenient shopping experience for the consumer. The features and functionality will continually evolve to meet Market and Customer (Guest) needs to optimise our product and content offerings
- Capture Disney ecommerce market share through innovative and quantitative online aligned strategies with Disney owned platforms, Online/Mobile Retailer Partners and Licensees.
- Drive the negotiations to structure the best online opportunities for the Disney with relevant key market players/ e-trailers.
- Collaborate and partner with the broad Retail leadership team, to support the delivery of cohesive and aligned Strategy and Operating Plans and business development initiatives
- Develop initiatives to facilitate the introduction and expansion of shopDisney
DAY TO DAY
- Ensure Consumer-facing implementation exceeds customer/buyer/consumer/guest expectations through the maintenance of strong business relationships with designated partners
- Build good working relationships with relevant internal teams to ensure a successful and effective ecommerce business
- Aligning market information to drive insight and improvement in all aspects of the online/web experience
- Understand the legal requirements for each country entity in influencing ecommerce retail relationships which need to be specific.
Develop strong relationships with senior leaders across all business units internally and other external partners, vendors and distributors. Work with relevant internal stakeholders to plan and drive any Disney Products online promotional campaigns, updating product content regularly, adding new products, news and banners when required
Assist in creating Disney Products promotional strategies for local area as well as core products to varying target audiences
Responsible for 5 year strategic planning process and AOP for Ecommerce business
Initiate and maintain an ecommerce global best practice exchange
Basic Qualifications:Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in big .com retail
- Proven leadership experience in developing and executing strategic plans in a retail environment
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and managing a team
- Demonstrable leadership experience gained in ecommerce
- Proven experience working in branded consumer environments with an appreciation of online marketing and brand management are business critical
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce technology and sophisticated web analytics
- Detailed knowledge of usability and monitoring techniques
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce business models and retail industry trends including channels, customers, promotion and product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Must be motivated, highly organized, flexible and results oriented
- Ability to collaborate successfully lead multiple projects and teams, in matrix and multinational organization
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior leadership
- Focus on financial success with ability to formulate strategies based on market needs and the Company goals
- Ability to consult on cross-functional projects to ensure e-commerce principles are incorporated
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.