Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Store OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669709BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 14, 2019
- Lead Store Operations team for Shanghai Disney Resort by recruiting, training, and providing inspiring leadership, coaching, and development for a team across multiple operating areas.
- Foster an environment inspiring and delivering excellence in Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency to Cast Members and models the Disney Leader Basics.
- Monitor financial controls, strategies and implement tactics to increase overall throughput and revenues.
- Provide input for development of the annual operating plan, 5-year plan, and capital planning. Hold team accountable for financial performance, by holding leaders accountable for expenditures, revenues and internal control processes and implement tactics to increase overall throughput and revenues.
- Oversee and direct all financial and operating logistics including budgets, timelines, facility improvements, show quality, labor management and training.
- Ensure operational compliance to Loss Prevention standards with adherence to safety standards.
- Communicate a compelling vision that inspires exceptional “World-Class” Guest Service and translate the vision into operational processes by walking the operating area, interacting with Guests and Cast Members and demonstrating the Disney Leader Basics.
- Develop a strategic operating plan that focuses on continuous process improvements and alignment.
- Lead the execution of processes and procedures to exceed Guest expectations and to deliver consistent, high-quality Guest Service. Respond to Guest comments and concerns.
- Deliver operational Cast, Guest, and Business performance results through consistent performance coaching and development. Partner with teams to support project execution and integration; identify and verify the scope of work, operational impact, show readiness, contingency planning, budget management, and schedules.
- Support and inspire the operating area’s participation in companywide initiatives such as Environmentalism, Diversity & Inclusion, Recognition, Volunteers, etc.
- Interface with Front line Leadership, Cast members, Area Leaders and executives at all levels as a point-of-contact for area of responsibilities. Responsible for effective communication to promote positive relationships with direct reports, peers, vendors, and executives to achieve successful operations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience for leading a team of above 200 team members and multi-store management.
- Minimum of 10 years of operational experience in a Guest-facing operating area including 5 years in retailing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding and proficiency in business planning and analytics (budgets, financial & data analysis)
- Have strong leadership presence with the ability to influence all levels of the operations
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict, strong problem solving and decision making as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Proven strong interpersonal, partnering, coaching and mentoring and networking skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership skills, taking a concept and driving to implementation, with a focus on people, process and metrics
- Self-directed, with an ability to develop a plan based operational goals, drivers and metrics.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Proficiency in writing, reading and speaking Mandarin and English. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a complex and diverse major business unit of a multi-national company.
- Demonstrated related leadership experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Internet and Windows software packages
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later